• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsn_mooney

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    South Of Richmond
    Sorry if this has been asked before, I looked through numerous pages of old posts before starting this thread.
    Does anybody have a good load already worked-up for the Max using 158gr XTP/Rem JSP or 180 Gr SSP bullets using H110/W296 or AA1680 Powder? I am running out of time to work up a load, and due to work constraints, I don't see it getting much better before the 17th.
    If anybody is interested, I did play hookey from work a while back and did a little development on my .35REM/1.8" . I had the best groupings (right at an inch @100-sorry no pics) using 36.2 Gr of RL-7/180SSP over a GM210 primer. COL was book length. This was in a SB2 Handi. Be advised this load is over book max, but under what Layne Simpson wrote up years ago as ".35 Rem Super" loads. No signs of pressure in my gun. 22" bbl. was 2376 FPS.
    Thanks in advance,
    Jason

FredMcIntire

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Dec 24, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    I shoot a 185 grain wide flat nose gas check lead bullet, .359 diameter, from Beartooth Bullets, over 20.0 grains of H110. This is a proven deer hammer.

The same load can be used in the .357 Magnum over 16.0 grains of H110. Again, a proven deer hammer.

If you need to verify anything with the cast lead bullets, I'd strongly suggest giving Marshall Stanton at Beartooth Bullets a call. A great guy with lots of experience to share using their cast bullets. His number is 208-437-1865. Their website is Beartooth Bullets > Home .

There's another guy on here, Bill Parson, that shoots the Maximum. He can give you some guidance too. I'll PM you his number.

You'll love the Maximum.

Fred

jsn_mooney

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    South Of Richmond
    I think I found it, thanks to all, and maybe this can help someone else. That gun(18.5" Handi re-chamber/cut/crown by Bellm) didn't seem to like H110 as much as I'd hoped, although working up to 21.0 gr H110/CCI450/HDY SSP seated to cannelure shot a little over 1" @ 100yds @1875 Fps, I tried some AA1680 yesterday and working up to 28gr with same primer but bullet seated out out to 2.350" made 1 hole 3-shot @ 50 and 1 smaller hole 3-shot @100. Need to load some more up to shoot through the chrono and set my zero. I'm thinking they should clock around 2000FPS going by everything I've read. BTW Mid-South has HDY .358" SSP 180 grain "Blems" right now for $10/100, those are what I've been using for my load development and seem to shoot the same as the $31 a box SSPs I have- just ordered 500 more and they are in stock in case anybody else is shooting this bullet in a Max/1.8 .35.

Top Bottom