• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pdood

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2022
    NWI
    Anybody know who has 32 acp reloading bullets in stock? And how about loading powder? Best place to buy in store, not online, near Demotte, IN

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Since the subject of 32 ACP was brought up I am curious just how effective of a defense round it is.

Other than target practice what else is it good for?

I have an old Walther PP in 32 ACP but I have been hesitant to use it as a carry because those rounds look damn small.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Since the subject of 32 ACP was brought up I am curious just how effective of a defense round it is.

Other than target practice what else is it good for?

I have an old Walther PP in 32 ACP but I have been hesitant to use it as a carry because those rounds look damn small.
    Yeah, if you ever shot someone with it and they found out, they'd probably be really pissed! ;) Just kidding. They were used by quite a few European militaries and police over the years, but it wouldn't be my first choice. They're fun little guns though. I went on a .32 kick awhile back and picked up a bunch of them.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    If it expands much, it doesn't appear to penetrate adequately.

edwea

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    I think I've read that if it's going to be used in a defensive situation, fmj is your best bet. I love shooting .32, but it doesn't seem up to the task these days in terms of daily carry.

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Thought of reloading 32 but there is not much out there for bullets and then the primers. Picked up a 1969 Walther PPK/S in 32 auto a few weeks ago that luckily came with an old box of Federal ammo. The pistol is a surprisingly good shooter.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I load and shoot a fair amount of 32 ACP and it's abilities are more related to what is shooting it. During WW2 the OSS used cast 100 grain bullets on top of powerful charges in the Colt 1903. This I would consider top of the scale for these guns. I shoot a hard cast 90 grain Accurate RNFP on top of a stout charge of 231. It produces a very accurate and powerful cartridge in the Colt 1903 with modern recoil springs.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I load and shoot a fair amount of 32 ACP and it's abilities are more related to what is shooting it. During WW2 the OSS used cast 100 grain bullets on top of powerful charges in the Colt 1903. This I would consider top of the scale for these guns. I shoot a hard cast 90 grain Accurate RNFP on top of a stout charge of 231. It produces a very accurate and powerful cartridge in the Colt 1903 with modern recoil springs.
    Yet again heavy for caliber bullets seem to get the job done.
    What kind of velocity did they achieve with the 100gr bullets?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Yet again heavy for caliber bullets seem to get the job done.
    What kind of velocity did they achieve with the 100gr bullets?

There were no published velocities, if you look around on the old Cast Boolits website there are refrences to the story there. I found it because I was wanting to try the Lee 110 grain carbine bullet I use in 7.62X25. On the advice of my cast bullet mentor years ago I ended up with the Accurate 90 grain RNFP and have had good luck with that. The 110 grain bullets ended up in 7.62X25,32 S&W long and 32-20.

Top Bottom