$300 or less shotgun? What are my options?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    Remingtons are great, but Hawk & Harrington & Richardson make some very inexpensive 12 gauge shotguns. They are quite functional and reliable. If you buy from a Davidsons dealer you get the lifetime replacement guaranty.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Love my 870, mossberg would be a solid choice for home protection if you want to scare away an intruder with all the rattling :whistle:

shortbusbob

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    east
    Love my 870, mossberg would be a solid choice for home protection if you want to scare away an intruder with all the rattling :whistle:

LOL, I was waiting for that one . 870's are a little heavy compared to the mossy . But the mossy is a rattle trap . I own both . I've been playing with a H&R single shot . Paired up with chamber adapters . I can shoot 12 ga , 22lr , 9mm , and 45lc out of one gun . You can buy adapters for 357mag,38spl and a few others . Just something to think about .

I'm $100 into the gun and $100 or so in the adapters .

scoutsniper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 93.5%
    29   2   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Connersville
    mossberg maverick 88. ive had mine over 3 years and only cleaned is like twice. still goes bang everytime. bought 180$ new from dicks. i think they still go on sale time to time for 190=200. buy a ATI pistol grop for 20$ and you have what you need. full stock for outdoor fun. pistol grip for home defense.

tackshot

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 11, 2014
    Southside
    IAC Hawk 12 Tactical . $180-200
    5 shell mag tube, plastic stock and forend, 870 replica
    They get a bad rep bc they're "cheaply made" but I love mine, all black , ghost ring sights , built like a tank very heavy.
    I shot clay with it and did pretty good, I mainly bought it for home defense,
    $180.00 out the door on sale at rural king, I think normally they're 200 plus tax.
    Hope this helps

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Last month I bought a used Remington Wingmaster and Model 11 for $350 combined. It was $160 on the Wingmaster and $190 on the 11. Both will get cut down for backup Grouse guns, door guns, bear guns, truck guns, fun guns. I prefer either of these used over most of the new guns. This winter I will probably park and paint both too just for durability.

Osprey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Another vote for the Mossberg 500. I got the Persuader with the vent cover from Dunham's under $299. I ended up putting an ATI folder on it though but used their 20% discount. It shoots great!

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    My local gun store is selling a Browning Auto 5 for little over 300. It's cut down to the shortest legal length.

songdog33

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2014
    Hancock County
    My brother got a Hawk 12ga pump from rural king for $180+ tax.. but its a great gun. Its built solid and its fun to shoot. Its a replica of an 870. Aftermarket 870 parts fit on it fine if you want something a little more tactical. Its fun to shoot and works great for a bedside home defense shotgun.

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    Yep used moss bergs and Remington's can be had for that! Ol George usually has a few used pumps. Right after deer season is the best time. Lol

But watch out for the ones with bent barrels. A lot of good slug guns get their barrels bent around tree trunks after missing that big buck!

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    Winchester SXP Defender 12ga
    Rotary bolt, dual steel action guide bars, .742" back bored, hard-chromed chamber and bore, black chrome finish, inflex recoil pad, drop out trigger group, etc...
    EvalBlakRyfels007_zps8bfb6ac2.jpg

on sale right now (in Gander Mt. weekly ad) for $349.99.
    So I guess that means your LGS is probably $50 below that...
    which means you could probably get a used one for at least $50 below that

(it's a good solid shotgun in your price range)

Top Bottom