• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    German people are not taking kindly to becoming a dumping site for nuclear waste from other countries. 30,000 Germans sat on the rails as a "train of death" carrying 135 tonnes of nuclear waste headed from France to Germany by train. Germans already have a hatred for nuclear power, and are fighting this movement tooth and nail. Farmers parked their tractors on the train tracks. Protesters chained themselves to the rails. Police used tear gas and batons to show the demonstrators the resolve of the State.

Fierce battles as nuclear 'train of death' held up in Germany - Telegraph

European Anti-Nuclear Protest Photos November 2010 | Public Intelligence

German people in unprecedented rebellion against government: 1000 injured in protests in nuclear protests: police at breaking point « Case About Bird Flu

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Good for them! Sounds like the Germans may have learned some lessons from the past, and will stand up to their government when they feel the need.

I wonder what it would take to get 30K Americans to do more than throw a rally?

(oh, and thanks for immortalizing me in your tagline!)

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Good for them! Sounds like the Germans may have learned some lessons from the past, and will stand up to their government when they feel the need.

Yeah, I am not sure I share those feelings about hating nuclear power, but it is encouraging that citizens are standing up for their beliefs. The will of the people should count for something in governmental decisions.

(oh, and thanks for immortalizing me in your tagline!)

Haha! Can you use you for a job reference? LOL I kid, I kid. :):

Top Bottom