3 Months later, this is being reported on fox.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hdfb03

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    Accusing his mother of being lax with her guns allowed them to bring her "prepper" status in to the picture and send out a negative connotation with it.:twocents:

I didn't get that from the article, I'm just saying how are they just releasing information about a gun safe that they found?

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    I didn't get that from the article, I'm just saying how are they just releasing information about a gun safe that they found?

Right. The kid had his own access. ORIGINALLY they said he got them from his mothers safe, btw his mom was a prepper etc etc. Its not what they say, its what they imply.

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    they are reporting that the check was made out for a c183, which they are saying is a firearm. maybe they meant cz-83?

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    Cnn anchor reporting on the found safe was saying they found 1400 rounds and then repeated it to emphasize it like it was enough to take on an army. The headline mentions a 'safe' but the reporting says a 'shoe box' was found.

I could see them trying to criminalize ammo possession to limit each household to one box per firearm.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Cnn anchor reporting on the found safe was saying they found 1400 rounds and then repeated it to emphasize it like it was enough to take on an army. The headline mentions a 'safe' but the reporting says a 'shoe box' was found.

I could see them trying to criminalize ammo possession to limit each household to one box per firearm.

I did not think of that one.

Doesn't matter anyway. . I sold all my ammo months ago. . nothing to see here. :D

Kmcinnes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Hendricks County
    I am just curious how he fit a 12 gauge in the glove compartment..........

A loaded 12-gauge shotgun was found in the glove compartment of the Honda Civic Lanza drove to the school with two magazines containing 70 rounds of Winchester 12-gauge shotgun rounds.

This whole thing has been full of inconsistencies from the day it happened. Considering the video footage of them pulling the shotgun out of the trunk and reading this report the gun must have been in two places at once.

Read more: Newtown gunman spent more than 150 rounds, killed victims within 5 minutes | Fox News

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    "Sedensky said Lanza killed all 26 victims inside Sandy Hook Elementary School with a Bushmaster .223-caliber rifle before taking his own life with a Glock 10 mm handgun. He says Lanza had another loaded handgun with him inside the school as well as three, 30-round magazines for the Bushmaster."

"Sedensky said 154 spent .223 casings were recovered at the scene. A loaded 12-gauge shotgun was found in the Honda Civic Lanza drove to the school with two magazines containing 70 rounds of Winchester 12-gauge shotgun rounds."

News from The Associated Press

I found this related info mentioned in the AP and I can't figure it out. If he only had three 30 round mags, then did he stop to reload the mags? Even if the three mags mentioned were extra mags, he would have still had to reload to spend 154 casings. In my opinion, I wouldn't think he would take the time to reload a mag. If he was as prepared for a mass shooting as they say he was, I don't think he would carry any loose ammo.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    A loaded 12-gauge shotgun was found in the Honda Civic Lanza drove to the school with two magazines containing 70 rounds of Winchester 12-gauge shotgun rounds."

I dont understand this part. 2 mags containing 70 rounds of 12 guage? Where do I buy these?

Steelady13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Sandy Hook

Seems absolutely disturbing to me that the guy had books on mental illness yet a family member wrote him a check for a gun? Not to mention the clipping of the school shooting. Can anyone say Red Flags!!! Him being mentally ill obviously wasn't a secret! There is your problem. Not gun control not ammunition rations.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    Seems absolutely disturbing to me that the guy had books on mental illness yet a family member wrote him a check for a gun? Not to mention the clipping of the school shooting. Can anyone say Red Flags!!! Him being mentally ill obviously wasn't a secret! There is your problem. Not gun control not ammunition rations.

Defining who's too mentally ill to have rights has always been a slippery slope. We went through decades of people getting sent to institutions on a whim. Imprisoned, drugged, experimented on, given unnecesary labotomies.

Now we have a better understanding these days to psychology and treating mental illness. There are many normal people taking medication to help them lead ordinary lives. Where would we draw the line?

Top Bottom