• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    wow...well...never thought I'd be in the market for a pellet gun, but I am now I suppose.

Those little Btards are all along the tree line behind our house and are now into the mulch beds around our homes foundation.

I've heard they can ruin a foundation with their tunneling etc.

Thought about the poison route, but having two great dogs I can't risk them snacking on a dead one.

What is the recommended Chipmunk destroyer pellet gun (pistol/rifle?), that will not throw my neighbors into the "OMG HE HAS A GUN" freakout mode?

:dunno: :yesway:

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Just had the pest control guy out to the house today and while he was there I ask him about Chip and Dale. He said they would eat mouse poison and suggested 3 inch PVC pipe for bait stations to prevent any thing else from getting poisoned. Drill holes through the pvc and push a wire or nail through to hold the poison in and still let the vermin in to eat their fill.

aMousebaitproject21.jpg

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    wow...well...never thought I'd be in the market for a pellet gun, but I am now I suppose.

Those little Btards are all along the tree line behind our house and are now into the mulch beds around our homes foundation.

I've heard they can ruin a foundation with their tunneling etc.

Thought about the poison route, but having two great dogs I can't risk them snacking on a dead one.

What is the recommended Chipmunk destroyer pellet gun (pistol/rifle?), that will not throw my neighbors into the "OMG HE HAS A GUN" freakout mode?

:dunno: :yesway:

They do ruin foundations, as quickly as one season.

I assume you're in a neighborhood. Get 2 air guns, a scoped rifle between 425 and 650 fps to keep the noise and ricochet potential down and a semi-auto pistol between 300 and 550 fps, The pistol is good for close range and for dispatching chippies hiding in drainpipes. Does not matter too much if they are BB or Pellet but pellet would be more accurate.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    I would search around for the best price, but here is a super quite air rifle that WILL get the job done.

OR........I can rent you a cat for a couple weeks?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_Fd0hml0K4"]YouTube - Gamo Whisper Air Rifle[/ame]

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    I would search around for the best price, but here is a super quite air rifle that WILL get the job done.

OR........I can rent you a cat for a couple weeks?

YouTube - Gamo Whisper Air Rifle

Thanks, have a indoor cat...she's pretty much useless in this endeavor. Poor old girl :D

The dogs tolerate her frequent threats of whooping some dog butt....but we all know she's all about napping. :D

I'm leaning towards some pellet fire power for this project.

Thanks for the info folks! :yesway: :ingo:

Plague421

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Portage
    Well, I was wrong, turns out we actually had 5 living in the shed. I have been waiting and trying to get the last 2 for the past couple days. The last 2 are rather sneaky, seems like every time I get them in the scope they go underground. :xmad: This has happened like 4 times now.

My friend wanted his pellet gun back so I went and got my own, I figure I can use it whenever and dont have to rely on someone else's property. I forgot what kind it is, I'll post it up later today.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    We'll see. I said about the same one time about beavers before I killed 30 of them out of the same little "hole". I still must not have got them all because they are back strong as ever only a couple years later.

PappyD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 24, 2008
    Westfield
    I';m in the same boat with these varmints. Lost my Jack Russell last summer so I've had a chipmunk explosion this summer.

Have authorized use of deadly force to my 14 and 15 year olds to clear out the intruders. They can sit out back on the southern perimeter with their trusty Crossmans (ok the 15 year old prefers the classic Daisy pump) and watch for targets of opportunity. Wanted: Dead or Alive:rockwoot:

We have tried to trap them, even going as far as spray painting the little rodents to mark them. One made his way back from almost 1/2 mile away. Chipmunk GPS?

I have a leaky spot in my basement where these guys have dug under the driveway right up next to the garage foundation. Sorry, green folks, no more MR Nice Guy!

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2009
    Mooresville
    Your lucky I have a whole mess of them in my front yard and the wife wont let me kill them. I got the first one this spring with a 22 cricket rifle and then the wife went crazy and I had to buy a trap. I have take around 15 of them 20 miles away to a park but I would be damned if they dont keep making it back some how cause I keep catching and seeing them.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Your lucky I have a whole mess of them in my front yard and the wife wont let me kill them. I got the first one this spring with a 22 cricket rifle and then the wife went crazy and I had to buy a trap. I have take around 15 of them 20 miles away to a park but I would be damned if they dont keep making it back some how cause I keep catching and seeing them.

When you get to the park, step on them before you turn them loose. People who live near the park have plenty already, they catch them and carry them 20 miles back to turn them loose at the end of your driveway.

Plague421

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Portage
    Well, I'm not sure if these "last two" are smarter than the rest but they don't seem to poke their heads above ground for more than 45 seconds at a time. It is becoming very frustrating. They don't even look at the fruit and nuts I put out in the rocks for them.

I will get them one day lol.

photoshooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Indianapolis
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3M7IR6jkpc]YouTube - Chipmunks Roasting On An Open Fire[/ame]

mine are under the front porch in a city neighborhood. And the 4 year old neighbor kid likes to sit and giggle as he watches "my" chipmunks.

Might have to do some nocturnal pest removal.

hountzmj

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    SE Indiana
    I have found that a bunch of mouse or rat traps set in a circle around their hole is effective.

You'll probably need 8-10 of them. But they you don't have to sit there and watch for them.

Top Bottom