• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    I would die for my family, I 100% would not have ran away and left my two children, and my wife in that situation. Period.

This. I can't say I would have fought back because I have never been in a situation like that at all. I can however say with 100% certainty that I wouldn't leave my child (assuming my fiance and I are fortunate enough to have one down the road.) I would like to say I would have fought back and changed the outcome a little, but you just don't know until you have faced that type of situation.

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    No one knows the situation. People got trampled, stepped on, pushed and shoved...The three guys and so many untold others were heroes that night. And im sure there was a fair share of "if I was ever in that situation...." guys that ran like cowards...

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    ^ This is true.. A lot of people are all talk. I can immagine running away with my family. I can immagine jumping to the floor with them and trying to hide. I cannot immagine running away leaving them though.

Last edited:

JustAMom

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2012
    Beech Grove, IN
    I am new, so they may be more of a rant, but I have to let this out....

I was never in that situation, so I can't say how I would react, but I have been in a few situations, that could be considered, dangerous, and or extremely frightening. *No, I am not a hero, BUT I do know a coward, when I see one.

That boy is a coward. *I feel that I have had a walk in his shoes...

I was at the Sugarland concert when the state fell. *I wasn't on the ground, I was on the next level up. *Section B (for those that know it.) *Before the wind, I had seen lightening, and the metal we were sitting on was metal. *When they stage fell, there were unholy screams, and the wind and dirt that was all around us, was unreal. *People from the grandstands started to stampede. *A teen aged boy got separated from his mother, and we (my friend and I) sure that we waited with him so that he could find his mother.... People can get separated in chaos, I understand that.

Then, my friend and I proceeded to go to the stage area, to help any way that we could. *Thousands of people fled, but hundreds didn't. *Lives were saved that night, because people took action.

My children weren't with me, (nor would I ever be in a movie theatre at midnight with an infant, and toddler!) *I do know that there is no way that I would just put my baby down. *Walk away, jump over stuff, and LEAVE! *HE DROVE AWAY! *She had to call him to come back and get them. *She didn't leave her kids behind, and she was sitting right next to him! *So she was in the exact same situation as he was....

I have 3 sons...If my son, did what that boy did, I would be so ashamed! *

Now, I am not saying that I would have been able to go head to head against a deranged psychopath, and unarm him, or shoot him in the gas mask, but what I am saying is, the way someone reacts to an emergency situation, says everything about their character, and that boy does not deserve to be called at MAN or DAD!!!*

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I think the key here is "He drove away"

yes he could have accidentally dropped/put down the baby in the ruckus, but he drove away. When he was out of the line of fire, he drove away

manwithnoname

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Suffering through pepper spray, smoke, darkness, and sudden bursts of light, all while simultaneously being deafened by gun shots in a fairly enclosed area with no ear pro, and they still managed to protect their loved ones. That's tough stuff. The boys families should be ever proud, as should the families of the girlfriends to know that their daughters are capable of picking good men. Good on them.

Well said, Sir.

JustAMom

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2012
    Beech Grove, IN
    I think the key here is "He drove away"

EXACTLY!!!

"Jarell Brooks, 19, who shielded her and took a bullet in the leg in the process. Legarretta’s leg was hit with schrapnel but she and the children were otherwise unharmed. No thanks to Rohrs, mind you."

That is how she got schrapnel in her leg!!!

Apparently he showed up at the hospital and proposed to her!! She said "YES!!!"

Oh the stupidity!
    1. If I was Jamie Rohrs, I would get my ass OFF the news
    2. I would then be on my hands and knees thanking Jarell Brooks for saving my sons life.
    3. If I were Patricia Lagarreta, I would not marry a man, who's first reaction to danger, is to sacrafice her, and leave his son behind!

manwithnoname

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    I didnt quote anyone...but the bragging always starts....as for the article...i dont believe half the news....

Fair enough...I suspect you would never leave your child behind.

I do know a woman that old me nothing is worth getting killed for. I asked, "Not even your children?"

She said, "Nope."

Little surprises me anymore.

Best regards.

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    I honestly have a lot of respect for those who gave their life to protect their family's and loved ones. The family's should feel extremely lucky they had someone willing to do that for them. I also think in light of everything that has happened we should take extra time to spend with our own familys. If this has taught us anything it is that life is just to short and can be gone in an instant. Don't know about the rest of you but lately I have been taking more time to enjoy life with family and friends. Something I feel fortunate to be able to do. As for what I would do in that situation, I don't know, never been in a hard spot like that.

jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    i absolutely applaud those young men for doing what they had to do to protect that which they could not live without. i would like to think i would do the same. i was talking with my mom and step dad about this situation, he was like me, get everyone down, suffer through the gas if you can and get off a shot as soon as possible if you could. she was talking about how they reported that 6k rounds were found in his apt. i have 6k rounds+ sitting in a tote behind the couch in my computer/gun cleaning room, i just giggled. how many people on here have that kind of round count lying around at home?

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    unreal, who would leave their child behind:xmad:

The same type of person that thinks it is no big deal to bring infants and toddlers to see a violent PG-13 movie at midnight. Don't let kids get in the way of self-pleasure and happiness yea know. This is the parenting mindset that is slowly becoming the majority in this country. As these are the same type of people that produce many offspring, with or without a spouse, and even if they don't have the financial means to afford them personally. It is this mindset why downtown Indy has to be turned into a police state with so many police officers working to prevent violence the second Sat. night of Black Expo.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Can't rightly say what I'd do in this situation, but did get caught in a riptide with my daughter a while back and I knew that day I could die for her. (not sure how that
    would have helped).
    I hope that my son would have shielded his wife in that situation, but I'd have been 10 times as proud if he'd taken out his pistol[legal or not] and pasted that bastard in the
    face a couple times.

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Two kids and didn't marry her. I'm sure his girlfriend already knew she picked a coward.

As for the men who shielded their girlfriends, they are an inspiration.

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    Fair enough...I suspect you would never leave your child behind.

I do know a woman that old me nothing is worth getting killed for. I asked, "Not even your children?"

She said, "Nope."

Little surprises me anymore.

Best regards.
    Maybe I was a little harsh. I've been in a shooting situation, and I know how I reacted and hopefully will react the same in any other situation that is similar. But I do know I was almost killed because my gung ho partner always told everyone what he would do, and when the time came I almost got shot in the back when my partner dropped down and started crying. Point is, there are alot of what ifs, and if onlys....it just got my nerve for a minute. Sorry if I was a little pissy...

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    The same type of person that thinks it is no big deal to bring infants and toddlers to see a violent PG-13 movie at midnight. Don't let kids get in the way of self-pleasure and happiness yea know. This is the parenting mindset that is slowly becoming the majority in this country. As these are the same type of people that produce many offspring, with or without a spouse, and even if they don't have the financial means to afford them personally. It is this mindset why downtown Indy has to be turned into a police state with so many police officers working to prevent violence the second Sat. night of Black Expo.

Agreed........as mom always said, "nothing good happens after midnight".

Top Bottom