• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Gee, it’s like I’m clairvoyant, or something (post 34). This numb nuts got exactly what he had coming, hopefully he’s permanently crippled.
    I'm not condoning the suspects actions by any means. He deserved to be taken to the ground hard and clearly he was resisting. However, the difference is the officer has to maintain a level of professionalism and exercise good judgement and follow department protocols. I doubt the head slam was within department standards. If officer head slam was the one previously body slammed, it's possible his anger took over and he went outside professional standards. That can make a big difference between a good police officer and one that is a liability to the Department

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I'm not condoning the suspects actions by any means. He deserved to be taken to the ground hard and clearly he was resisting. However, the difference is the officer has to maintain a level of professionalism and exercise good judgement and follow department protocols. I doubt the head slam was within department standards. If officer head slam was the one previously body slammed, it's possible his anger took over and he went outside professional standards. That can make a big difference between a good police officer and one that is a liability to the Department
    I totally get what you’re saying, I’m just saying some people just need to be beaten, and this loser got what he deserved. As I said in my earlier post, it’s just a shame he pushed the police across the line and they’ll probably pay for it.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I only have one experience with arrest / detainment and that was at a Vietnam war protest. I was respectful and compliant when the officers grabbed me. My beef was with Congress, not the Police department. There were others that chose to fight the Peace Officers and they got the night sticks and put on the ground for handcuffing.

Other experiences since then were a few traffic stops, one for a city tax sticker when moving to a new town, once because my vehicle matched the description of an armed robbery in the area, once for suspected DUI in a work zone on I-65, (wasn't drinking, just didn't understand the traffic flow at the ramp & merge lane at night) and some times for exceeding posted speed limits. I had my license and insurance and the maintenance of my car in order and interacted respectfully. I never fought the officers, I never got man handled, and I never was on the evening news.

Be disrespectful, violent and aggressive to the officers, make no effort to take personal responsibility, and you reap what you sowed. Pretty simple to understand.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Do I support law-enforcement? Does what I saw in the video look very bad? Can I imagine a situation where that would be necessary?

I can answer yes to all three questions.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I have a question.
    Did law enforcement say in the 1800's to mid 1900's use this kind of force as a way to keep the peace? When did all the so called excessive force issues start showing up? 1960's?
    Was it about the same time drill Sargents were told they couldn't physically abuse recruits?
    When did America become soft?

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I have a question.
    Did law enforcement say in the 1800's to mid 1900's use this kind of force as a way to keep the peace? When did all the so called excessive force issues start showing up? 1960's?
    Was it about the same time drill Sargents were told they couldn't physically abuse recruits?
    My sons can tell you things that they witnessed and things that happened to them at basic, school of infantry, bachelor housing and in the field in the last 6 1/2 years in the MC. Many things are still hands on.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I have a question.
    The country is soft because it doesn't allow people to beat the :poop: out of people under the guise of their job?

How many innocent people were assaulted or jailed based upon coerced confessions?

The pendulum has swung a bit too far the other way with all of the video recordings we have today. We need to get to a good middle ground.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    The country is soft because it doesn't allow people to beat the :poop: out of people under the guise of their job?

How many innocent people were assaulted or jailed based upon coerced confessions?

The pendulum has swung a bit too far the other way with all of the video recordings we have today. We need to get to a good middle ground.
    I'm sure there are innocent people being jailed but also many times more guilty are let go.
    This new soft on crime approach is causing the majority of problems in our country.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Not allowing excessive force is not the same as being soft on crime.
    Who is calling it excessive? The liberal professor of Criminal Justice at IU?
    When did making Criminals listen because excessive?
    Was it the same time that giving children a belt on their behinds became excessive?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I have a question.
    Did law enforcement say in the 1800's to mid 1900's use this kind of force as a way to keep the peace?

Largely, yes, or more so. Deadly force was also authorized and accepted in much wider circumstances. The notion modern society is more violent than historical norms is laughable, as is the notion today's police are 'militarized'. The Mayberry nostalgia ignores much of the reality of law enforcement in the US.

Frank Hamer, the famous Texas law officer with various agencies to include the Rangers once had a lawyer call him a liar in court, which impugned his honor. After court he found the lawyer on the side walk, punched him to the ground, then went to the police station and wrote himself a ticket for fighting, paid the fine (something like $10 which represented several weeks pay, IIRC), and went on his way.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    WOW...watching more of this and that Officer White is in big trouble....watching a video of woman who was beat and arrested by same officer and she is still waiting for why she was arrested. She kept asking and he wouldn't tell her....came to her house for a civil matter. Another guy has also said same officer beat him up. All 3 officers have been suspended.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Who is calling it excessive? The liberal professor of Criminal Justice at IU?
    When did making Criminals listen because excessive?
    Was it the same time that giving children a belt on their behinds became excessive?
    Can you give us an inclusive list of offenses and the level of force acceptable for each offense listed? This way we have a clear line in the sand to judge officer’s action by. This way we can be sure the suspects got the beating deserved.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Can you give us an inclusive list of offenses and the level of force acceptable for each offense listed? This way we have a clear line in the sand to judge officer’s action by. This way we can be sure the suspects got the beating deserved.
    Let's go back to the way they were handled it the 1800's. Pretty simple if you ask me.

Just another reason to make criminals not want to commit crime.

Reactions: Leo

IndyIN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Texas
    Frank Hamer, the famous Texas law officer with various agencies to include the Rangers once had a lawyer call him a liar in court, which impugned his honor. After court he found the lawyer on the side walk, punched him to the ground, then went to the police station and wrote himself a ticket for fighting, paid the fine (something like $10 which represented several weeks pay, IIRC), and went on his way.

So you are saying that mental illness has been a long-standing problem in law enforcement? I've always thought that, too.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I consider you a reasonable man and a stand up guy and professional. But under what circumstances would this be acceptable behavior for the officers? At what point is stomping on them and slamming their head into the pavement repeatedly acceptable behavior?

Im honestly interested in how that would be justified and under what circumstances. No trolling or disrespect intended. I honestly want to know how this would be justified?

As a civilian, I see 3 men who need to be shown the door at least. Maybe more.
    I haven`t been out on the front lines, dealing DAILY with people who want to kill me. People who simply because of my badge and uniform HATE me. I haven`t dealt with the sorriest people in society, having the worst times of their lives, and seen the filth and seediness the officers have. But just from my own experience, I know I might be inclined to react aggressively when confronted with these bad actors, and they continually FIGHT me, and spit on me, bite me, and who knows what else.
    For sure, there are bad police officers, and for sure, we must be mindful of constitutional and civil rights abuses, but when these guys are daily dealing with all of this, I`m not going to cast the first stone when they get tough with some goon fighting them, when we KNOW, if they hadn`t fought, spit, scratched and bitten, it NEVER would have happened.

IndyIN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Texas
    I haven`t been out on the front lines, dealing DAILY with people who want to kill me. People who simply because of my badge and uniform HATE me. I haven`t dealt with the sorriest people in society, having the worst times of their lives, and seen the filth and seediness the officers have. But just from my own experience, I know I might be inclined to react aggressively when confronted with these bad actors, and they continually FIGHT me, and spit on me, bite me, and who knows what else.
    For sure, there are bad police officers, and for sure, we must be mindful of constitutional and civil rights abuses, but when these guys are daily dealing with all of this, I`m not going to cast the first stone when they get tough with some goon fighting them, when we KNOW, if they hadn`t fought, spit, scratched and bitten, it NEVER would have happened.

This is not going to be popular here... but that is part of the job that law enforcement signed up for. I'm thankful that there are men and women who are willing to take the hate that is directed at them and still act professionally. Those that cannot need to find another profession and not be judge, jury, and executioner. Find another line of work if you cannot control your emotions.

It doesn't matter what that guy did before, and if they thought he was a deadly threat, they should have pulled out their guns and shot him. They instead threw him a beating. I hope they pay the appropriate price for that. I suspect we will see them crying like little babies when they are sentenced.

Top Bottom