• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyLongColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    Morgan County
    Ahh... that feeling you get after trying new turkey loads and they don't pattern for *****, so you just empty the boxes in one sitting.... Ahhhh...... That was fun!!!!

AGarbers

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Martinsville
    I'm with you. I sighted in a few years ago and was fairly happy with the pattern placement but I wanted to shoot one more. Suddenly my red dot wasn't working. It had broken. So I got my other red dot and started all over. I walk like John Wayne now.
    Seriously, there is a company that makes sport body armor that molds to your body, that also makes shirts that hold a piece of the same mold-able armor at your shoulder. After it has hardened to match your body, the armor displaces the recoil over a huge area.

IndyLongColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    Morgan County
    That's funny. My red dot from last year somehow ended up being way off. That, and silly me forgot my new batteries, so I was screwing with zeroing the dot but it kept dying, lol. At least I'm hoping it just needs a new battery.

Zinga

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I bought a new shotgun/choke this year and had to pattern it: Super Vinci, Carlson XR .665 choke, and Winchester Long Beard shells. Spent an hour or two using google to find images of patterns using the same gun, choke, and shells I was wanting to try.

I had intended on using 3 1/2" shells but saw no real difference between the 3" and 3 1/2" in patterns I was finding online. Ended up taking 6 shots, 3 with factory full choke and 3 with the Carlson choke. Very satisfied with the pattern from the 3" shells and Carlson choke. Would not hesitate to take a 50 yard shot if a tom refuses to come in closer based on pattern I was getting.

Top Bottom