2nd Amendment: State Rep. Austin gets it! Why not others?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    Recently there was a post from an INGO member relating a State Rep. that had an opposing view of the 2nd Amendment. He suggested emails to that individual letting them know our feeling and reasons why we believe in saving and maintaining our rights! Even though this wasn't my State Rep. I emailed this person to let them know others in Indiana also supported our right!

Yesterday I received a telephone call from MY State Rep. Democrat Terri Austin (Austin represents portions of Madison and Hamilton counties) and she left a phone message. This message related how she (Terri) had received the above mentioned email message thinking that I had possibly entered the incorrect Rep for my area. She mentioned that the question on the email concerned 2nd amendment rights and that I could contact her and let her know if I had still had questions and if they were for her (Terri) or the initial State Rep. She then left me her HOME PHONE # to contact her back at!!!! Yes it was her home phone # because when I called it I had to leave a message for her and there were also areas for messages for her husband and son.

A short time later Terri returned my telephone call. We discussed the initial reason for the email and why it had originated. I then asked her for her opinion on the 2nd Amendment to which she was happy to answer. She related that she had come 180 degrees on her opinion of our right to carry! She stated she hadn't grown up around weapons of any type but had a few uncles and others that had them for hunting or recreation but nothing more. But after talking with many people with various opinions and further researching the issue she has reached a conclusion very different than what she started with! That this was not only a Right but also a need for many individuals!

She stated that she fully supported the recent law passed that allowed for licensed individuals to have weapons in their vehicles at work. She has even taking the time to express her views with several business owners that had opposing opinions in an effort to help them to understand her reasoning for supporting this law.

I expressed my appreciation for her willingness to not only support our Rights but to also be so willing to express her beliefs to others! She also mentioned that she has an A rating by the NRA!

I then proceeded to mention to her about our web site :ingo: INGunOwners.com and how it would be a great place for her to keep up to date with multiple issues and the opinions of gun owners in Indiana. I then asked for and received her permission to post our conversation so that others could see how State Rep's and other elected officials SHOULD REACT TO THEIR VOTERS QUESTIONS & CONCERNS! :yesway:

It was nice that her opinions matched mine/ours on this issue. But just the FACT that she would take the time and make the effort after getting a message that wasn't even addressed to her I believe it a testament to HER heart felt OBLIGATION to her voters!

I then suggested that she JOIN our web site :welcome: so she can keep us up to date on how we can help her concerning any 2nd amendment issues. She said that she would visit the site in the next few days (I asked her to check out my posting to insure that I didn’t relate anything incorrectly or that she would like to add that I didn’t) and she said that she would!

Just to make sure you don’t think this is an unpaid political announcement I am a Libertarian with Republican leanings and NOT a Democrat :noway: in any way. I do NOT agree with her on several issues and doubt if many of you do also!

What I am saying is that on this “ONE” SHE’S GOT IT RIGHT! :patriot:

Last edited:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I would welcome anyone to this website that has an opinion favorable to the uninfringed 2A. I would also welcome those whose opinions might be less favorable, but whose minds are open to the facts such as those I saw that changed my opinions. (I originally was a man of no opinion regarding the 2A, but I saw nothing wrong with waiting periods, etc... until I realized that they don't affect those who obey the law.)

If State Rep. Austin decides to join INGO, it is my hope that she finds information to help her make the decisions that will best serve the citizens of her district and of Indiana as a whole. I also will offer whatever aid I may provide to assist her in doing so.

Blessings,
    Bill

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    That, is how it is supposed to work people! Elected officials listening to us, and learning from us, and acting on our behalf. And, this is how it is for a lot of people that may have been or are against the 2A or right to carry. The only way they can learn and be changed in their way of thinking, is through dialogue. Awesome post dude.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    If she truly means what she is saying then bravo!! Just remember she is a politician, some of them have a habit of saying whatever they think the voter they are speaking to at that moment want to hear. Her "A" rating tends to lend credence to what she told you so good for her in opening her ears and eyes to see what is really going on around us nowadays.:yesway:

Top Bottom