2nd Amendment Rally @ Indianapolis Statehouse this Thursday (3-28)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CtrlAltDefeat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2013
    Indiana Moms Against Gun Control has announced a Second Amendment rally at the State House in downtown Indianapolis this coming Thursday (the 28th)

Here is the link in facebook:
    2A Rally at the State House | Facebook

I didn't see this on the forums, so I thought I'd share. It's at 10:30 am on the south side of the statehouse. Hope to see you there!

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    What? They throwin in the towel?
    :scratch:

not sure what you mean here

IMAGC was informed of a rally being held downtown by Moms Demand Gun Sense in Indiana. At the time we heard of this we were in contact with each other via text, planning and deciding which way to go with this. Within a half hour we planned to attend no matter how many or how few we could get to join us.

We would appreciate all the help from anyone that is able to attend.

Thank You CtrlAltDefeat for posting this in here. I had dropped it into the women's forum but cross forums is a great idea.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    I don't understand this rally on gc because Indiana already has some great guidelines. Maybe their rally will convince ones who don't follow firearm laws to start abiding by the existing ones.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I don't understand this rally on gc because Indiana already has some great guidelines. Maybe their rally will convince ones who don't follow firearm laws to start abiding by the existing ones.

We are fortunate that Indiana does have some good guidelines. We would also like to keep it that way.
    One way to help insure that it stays this way is to make noise, be it rallies, letters, phone calls etc.

If we remain silent and let our Representatives believe we don't care about the 2nd Amendment, then they may believe they can start chipping away at high cap magazines, or "assault weapons", or background checks.

We have had 3 Rallies at the State Capital in Indianapolis since the beginning of the year, As have they. there have been 28 firearm homicides in Indianapolis since the beginning of this year, 23 at this same time last year. Criminals did not listen to laws then, they don't listen to them now.

Any legislation that may be passed is only going to hurt law abiding citizens, as seen above. Criminals don't obey laws, we do. So we need to stay on top of the legislation that is happening. Make the calls etc.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I shared it with a few thousand of my closest pro 2A friends on Twitter. Hope you have a good turnout. I'd be there if I could.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    I'll reply here as it was less a woman's rally thing and more legal crap.

Rally was Fairly good. Lots of discussion / more coverage. A few INGO (and other Indiana forum) members and Facebook IMAGC folks were there - probably 20; several AR's & AK's.

I think we gave a good accounting to the media; stayed ON POINT with facts. Tried to point out facts to the MDA folks there; Had a few laughs (at them) ... they tried to argue w/ what will and won't overpenetrate; the uses of and guidelines of training; the effectiveness of stopping power. ... (most of this was NOT with reporters there; or not directly involved).

Good Job by all carrying / Repping Gun Owners - IMO.

Quote of the day: "Is that thing Loaded" (ask by MDA "daddy") to AR carrier 'YES' ...
    "Get that thing the H*** away from me!!!" LOL.

Hope the one in Terre Haute went as well. ... we were outnumbered; but not out lasted or out represented. (Not WTHR camera man was laughing w/ us at one point; may not mean much though)

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    Some hag was on WIBC a minute ago from that group. Sounded like an idiot, and somehow thinks deer hunting is done with automatic weapons with 30 rounds "clips". Someone from MAGC is going on at 4:45. Ugh, i wish I could've been there.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Some hag was on WIBC a minute ago from that group. Sounded like an idiot, and somehow thinks deer hunting is done with automatic weapons with 30 rounds "clips". Someone from MAGC is going on at 4:45. Ugh, i wish I could've been there.

Are their links from these reports available some where / some how - even if only audio?

Like to listen and share.

Also

Gun control debate comes to Indianapolis - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

now has a video w the article and a long discussion on the WTRH TV FBk page w/ a question do you support UBC for gun AND AMMO purchases. chime in. few of us have commented ...

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    a very liberal (OK TOTAL CRAP) article.

Comments via Facebook; feel free to reply and such; if you can stomach it. They are bad; or worse than the article.

Men With Loaded Rifles Intimidate Moms Gathered At Gun Safety Rally | ThinkProgress

OH - I didn't get any photos; I don't know that any did. There are now 2 videos and a longer article on WTHR's link (above) ... not the best (bias is visible) - but we didn't get a hatchet job this time too badly.

There is an article WIBC - but a 2nd article (IMAGC Mrs.P) interviewed by another reporter - that is still to be posted (Last I checked)

Enjoy.

gunworks321

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Noblesville
    Yea, and that's not all she had to say.
    When speaking on UBC she stated "anyone can go to a gun show as opposed to a gun store and buy as many guns and as much ammunition as possible" That's what I love about this country!:D She did not even mention "without a background check" so must have been implied. Then she said " Chicago has all this crime and all those murders and 30% of the guns used in those crimes come from Indiana because of the lax gun laws" I think she was given talking points and did not even understand the silliness she was speaking. There was one other comment concerning the AWB not being in the gun bill before the Senate and she stated that they "were really just interested in getting the UBC passed right now." I'm sure there was more, but all I can remember right now.
    Someone else may have something to add.

Last edited:

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    a very liberal (OK TOTAL CRAP) article.

Comments via Facebook; feel free to reply and such; if you can stomach it. They are bad; or worse than the article.

Men With Loaded Rifles Intimidate Moms Gathered At Gun Safety Rally | ThinkProgress

Written by this tool:

Igor Volsky is the Managing Editor of ThinkProgress.org. Igor is co-author of Howard Dean’s Prescription for Real Healthcare Reform and has appeared on MSNBC, CNN, Fox Business, Fox News, and CNBC television, and has been a guest on many radio shows. In 2011, Forbes named Igor one of their top 30 under 30 in Law & Policy. Igor grew up in Russia, Israel and New Jersey and graduated from Marist College in Poughkeepsie, New York. He was previously the Health and LGBT editor at ThinkProgress.

What Igor and the other grabbers don't realize is that they rely on rough men (and women) carrying guns. Just like they endorse animal rights while paying others to do the slaughter for them. So their hands are clean. Arsoles.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom