• ...and so much more!
  • japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    I commented...

This guy is a tool! When will people wake up and realize we are rapidly approaching the times that our founding fathers were concerned about!

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2009
    Dyer
    Has anyone contacted Marian University to see why this guy hasn't been fired yet? This is akin to a physics professor stating that all matter is made up of microscopic Honey Boo Boo's.

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    It is the same old "blah, blah, blah" that anti-gunners use. Tanks, aircraft, and shoulder fired weapons kept by the armed forces cannot be defeated. Most do not know that there was no standing army when the Constitution was written, and the 2nd was put in place in the event the central government tried to wrest power from the States. What really suprised me was that this guy was in the Army. Let him spout that stuff off at my VFW Post, and see how the old guys react.

B-lou

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    Danville In
    cancelled

A few months ago I got very tired of reading the liberal crap the indy star was spewing out and the final straw was the journal news from NY and the crap they pulled...Gannet owns indy star and journal news....canceled my subscription after many years...only read the comics and tv guide anyway and had to pay extra for the guide....Bob

Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Post a few please! I do not think we will change his mind, but I do not want them to think they can just get away with it. Also, this is a battle for public opinion!

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    Post a few please! I do not think we will change his mind, but I do not want them to think they can just get away with it. Also, this is a battle for public opinion!

Good point about public opinion because I believe that is key. I first read the article in print and would love if somene who is a historian/history buff would write an opposing view editorial for print.

johnny45

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Let's see.....

A professor at a Catholic university where he directs a center named for dick lugar and writes a column published by gannett's star.

Where is the surprise?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Let's see.....

A professor at a Catholic university where he directs a center named for dick lugar and writes a column published by gannett's star.

Where is the surprise?

Pretty well sums it up. The only thing I could add is that Pierre Atlas has been a regular source of leftist tripe printed in the paper for years. Every week--new topic, same tired leftist worldview.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I can say, "I'm a tomato".
    It doesn't make it true.

Almost at the end the author says....
    "As I learned myself when I enlisted in the Army more than 25 years ago, all personnel joining the Armed Forces swear to "support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic." Domestic enemies are those who would attempt to overthrow, or resist with violence, the government of the United States."

He forgets, that he swore allegance to the Constitution. Not to a man, or a couple men.

johnny45

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    I particularly appreciate this comment from the professor....

"Practically speaking, this argument is ludicrous. Our 21st-century armed forces have shoulder-fired missiles and tanks, helicopter gunships and F-16s, tactical nuclear weapons and aircraft carriers. The idea that ordinary citizens could "resist" such a force with semi-automatic rifles and 30-round magazines is unrealistic, to say the least."

Frankly, some think it is ludicrous that a Son resisted the most powerful government the "world" had witnessed.

"Practically" has nothing to do with it.

Likewise, He inspired these words in Luke

Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

Maybe someday the professor at the Catholic university will speak to Liberty.

Sadly, he seems to be missing out.

Of course, I could be wrong.

darrin5

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    LOL, what an idiot, I am in Oklahoma now and I assure you that there is a few anti-gun people here but that bombing did nothing to sway us away from our rights to own firearms, hell drive around a little and I gaurantee you will see more guns in the back window of pickups here in Oklahoma more than any other place besides maybe Texas, this guy is a jack hole......

Top Bottom