• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PappyD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 24, 2008
    Westfield
    There is info in the latest Lyman reloading guide. Hodgdon also list some loads on their online database. Hodgdon.com

I would imagine all the die folks still make them. RCBS, Dillon, Lee, etc. I have an old 32-20 Smith & Wesson that I have thought about reloading. I still see factory ammo from time to time. Neat old rounds. Load with flat tip bullets for sure for the old lever gun.

Not much help here but all the info is out there.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    I have just gotten started looking and I'll check some of my other manuals but didn't find anything in the new Speer manual. Thought I would consult with the INGO Brain Trust to see if there is anything tricky about it because most of the die sets are 3 die rather than 2 dies like most rifle dies.

My brother inherited a lovely Winchester lever gun and we thought we would reload a few rounds for firing it once in a while. Thanks for the info!

I also have a Colt 32-20 handgun but, unfortunately it is in such poor condition that I don't want to fire it. Have some ammo left over from the 50's for it as well.

Last edited:

foxmustang

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 20, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I Was Doing It For A Buddy Of Mine Who Got Tired Of Paying $60 A Box For Them. I Found A Set Of RCBS dies At A Local Shop. My Load Was Around 8gGr Of H110 With The Hornady Bullets. I'llLook Up And Double Check M Load Whe I Get Home

Savage99

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2014
    Peru
    The Lyman 45th, 46th, and 47th ed has the info you are looking for. The Hornady 3rd ed also has it. As for brass, you can resize .32-20 brass.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    I inherited a Lyman 48th and it has the 32-20. Have found dies so now it's just a matter of buying the brass. Knowing it's possible to use 32-20 brass will make that easier as well. Thanks everyone for the help in getting started.

Top Bottom