• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Grew up shooting a Match Target 6". The 4" looks good too, and prefer the underlug bbl Woodsmans vs the older pencil jobbies.

However, a High Standard fits me better.

My kids preferred their grandpa's Woodsman.

Id like a 64 Anschutz sporter, like the looks of the old Sav/ Ansch 164.

But i really dont hunt w a .22 lr anymore.
    I have a few Woodsman variations, a couple Ruger MKII Targets, a couple S&W 41s and a handful of other 22 handguns. By far my favorite and most accurate are the 41s. They are fantastic pistols. I have just always wanted a Match Target and hopefully I’ll find one once I start thinning the herd.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Ive shot the short and long M41s. Pops even offered to give me one. Buddies love theirs.

Did decent with em but they just didnt feel right to me.

Liked a Kart slided 1911 better. But my eyes suck now so it doesnt matter. LOL

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Ive shot the short and long M41s. Pops even offered to give me one. Buddies love theirs.

Did decent with em but they just didnt feel right to me.

Liked a Kart slided 1911 better. But my eyes suck now so it doesnt matter. LOL
    The 5.5” 41 balances perfect for me. Don’t care for the 7.5” model as well. Love shooting the Colt Ace but doesn’t hold a candle to the 41 for accuracy. The Sig P220/22 is surprisingly accurate and fun to shoot too.
    I always stop to look at a CZ if I see one. Still looking for a 453 and Full Stock models.
    My eyes suck so now it’s more about having more than shooting.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    My CZ457 .22 mag is NOT free floated.
    Trigger still kinda heavy.
    Half inch at 50 yards w old WW 40gr HP.
    Is my chuck rig and want to use on fox (if I could ever figure out how to call one in LOL)

The Savage MKII TR shoots well, but Im no fan of the Accutrigger. Rifle Basix is another hundred bucks.
    The Leupold 6-18X VX Freedom.....like the 18x off the bench at 50 yards. Not a fan of the mushy turrets.
    Was gonna try w some SK standard plus this week, see if worth a scope and trigger change.

But it may go bye bye, if an old Anschutz sporter 64 proves its mettle.
    Im no competitor, but have had a soft spot for old Anschutz .22s since I was a kid.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2022
    South Bend
    I have always preferred 22LR over other rifle calibers, I have 34 of them and I recently added my first official “Target” rifle. It was a 1925 Winchester model 52 very accurate and fun to shoot. Yesterday I bought a 1985 Remington 541 X Target 22LR. I dialed it in today at 50 yards and holy crap is this thing accurate. I thought some of my other 22’s were super accurate, but these two are definitely top dogs now.
    View attachment 274694
    People love to talk trash about the 22LR but it’s really the best caliber ever made

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    My CZ457 .22 mag is NOT free floated.
    Trigger still kinda heavy.
    Half inch at 50 yards w old WW 40gr HP.
    Is my chuck rig and want to use on fox (if I could ever figure out how to call one in LOL)

The Savage MKII TR shoots well, but Im no fan of the Accutrigger. Rifle Basix is another hundred bucks.
    The Leupold 6-18X VX Freedom.....like the 18x off the bench at 50 yards. Not a fan of the mushy turrets.
    Was gonna try w some SK standard plus this week, see if worth a scope and trigger change.

But it may go bye bye, if an old Anschutz sporter 64 proves its mettle.
    Im no competitor, but have had a soft spot for old Anschutz .22s since I was a kid.
    I have seen a Savage hang with a CZ & a CZ hang with an Annie.....but the trigger and the quality of an Annie is superior

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    The 5.5” 41 balances perfect for me. Don’t care for the 7.5” model as well. Love shooting the Colt Ace but doesn’t hold a candle to the 41 for accuracy. The Sig P220/22 is surprisingly accurate and fun to shoot too.
    I always stop to look at a CZ if I see one. Still looking for a 453 and Full Stock models.
    My son is looking at one of the CZ Shadow 2 Oranges to purchase. I wonder if Indiana Gun Club stocks them. They used to do a bunch of gun shows and had very nice inventory, but I've never been there.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    I’d like to try an Annie, Cooper and Winchester 52 someday. I’m thinking of thinning the herd and trying to get a few things I’ve always wanted. Picked up a little Browning .22 Auto today and I’m as happy as can be. I’ve wanted one since I was a kid and just never had one for some reason. Now to find a Colt Match Target.
    That is a awesome rifle

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    As a young man I bought an Ace kit when it showed up where I used to buy.
    Never have unwrapped any of it but the slide long ago.

20230512_144954.jpg

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I've hunted squirrels with a 7.5" model 41. Had it about 25 yrs and last yr sold it to a friend along with the shorter bbl it came with and a 4x leupy scope. Had much fun with that one. Hope he does too..

Top Bottom