• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NWIeng

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Hammond
    Just picked up a 22A and took it out. Love it. It's going to save me a ton of money and still allow me to go shooting indoors this spring while my wife is taking graduate courses.

So my question is, what kinds of scopes/red-dot mounts do some of the members have? Pictures, thoughts, and general reviews would be greatly appreciated.

I'm looking to spend under $100, with 22 pistols, can you skimp on the cheaper optics since the recoil is almost non-existent?

Thanks for the help.

n9znd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    I put a Red dot on a Phoenix HP22. Talk about a cheap setup that is alot of fun. I probably have $100 in the whole setup. I will try to post a couple of pics. Jim
    phoenix2.jpg

phoenix1.jpg

NWIeng

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Hammond
    Also, if anyone has names of actual red dot mounts they use and the dot size that I should be looking for for plinking under 50 feet, that would fabulous!

cwillour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    I would try to avoid skimping too much. Nothing worse than optics that do not hold POI or keep shutting off.

At that price range, the Bushnell TRS-25 and the Primary Arms Micro Dot tend to standout and either would go well on a 22a. I prefer smaller dots, so 3moa or smaller is normally my criteria.

RadioBob

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2014
    Skokie
    I put a Red dot on a Phoenix HP22. Talk about a cheap etup that is alot of fun. I probably have $100 in the whole setup. I will try to post a couple of pics. Jim
    phoenix2.jpg

phoenix1.jpg

I picked up the HP22a range kit a couple weeks ago.. I luv this gun.. I Iike your setup.. ill have to try that.. i ordered a scope for my hi-point 45 but ill have to try it on my hp22 first.. ill post pics when it gets here...

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    I'm running the Bushnell TRS-25 with a 3 moa dot on My Ruger MKIII 22/45. It's small, lightweight and works really well. It should also fit your budget.

RadioBob

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2014
    Skokie
    I picked up the HP22a range kit a couple weeks ago.. I luv this gun.. I Iike your setup.. ill have to try that.. i ordered a scope for my hi-point 45 but ill have to try it on my hp22 first.. ill post pics when it gets here...

I also have the HP22 and a hi-point 45 JHP.. id luv to see and know how you mount your scopes on them, please....

Top Bottom