• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • diver dan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    DeMotte
    Hi guys,OK, so .223 has been around for a while now , and there is a lot rifles that shoot this round.This might be a hard or not so hard question.In your personal experience , what company puts out the most accurate round of .223.There is a lot of ammo companies , just wondering what your experience has been with them. I am shooting squirrel sized targets at around 100yds.I dont reload ,so I have to go with factory ammo.Wish Lapau or ELEY made this ammo.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Hi guys,OK, so .223 has been around for a while now , and there is a lot rifles that shoot this round.This might be a hard or not so hard question.In your personal experience , what company puts out the most accurate round of .223.There is a lot of ammo companies , just wondering what your experience has been with them. I am shooting squirrel sized targets at around 100yds.I dont reload ,so I have to go with factory ammo.Wish Lapau or ELEY made this ammo.
    Federal Gold Metal Match for starters.
    What twist rifle?

And talk to White Tail who is an Industrial Partner here, Andy is good people.

Reactions: Leo

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    FGMM has been the factory match ammo that all others are judged by. But in reality some barrels just don't like it. I'd say the overwhelming majority of barrels will shoot it well enough with some shooting it exceptionally well. You can try all manufacturers match loads in your rifle and see which ones produce the best results

Reactions: Mij

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    IMI Razor Core 77gr ammo will probably get you there if you have a 1:7 twist barrel. The AAC 77gr ammo is supposed to be good but I have no experience with it. As long as the bullet is a Sierra it will perform.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I assumed the OP was asking about varmint hunting ammo.
    Perhaps? He said "squirrel sized targets at 100yds". So maybe he is shooting small game or just giving us an idea of size targets he's shooting. I dunno. But squirrel at 100yds isn't too far with a small magnified optic and a decent load like vmax as you mentioned

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    The only .223 I have is an AR with a 1 in 12 twist, It loves the PMC bronze 55 gr, my old eyes, and it's open sights, works for me...YMMV

duanewade

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2019
    Columbia City
    Sierra 55gr Blitzking shoots ½" groups at 100 yards out of my Remington 783. Head shots on groundhogs out to 150 yards without thinking much about as long as I've got a good rest.

Top Bottom