• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wheezy50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Morgan County
    I don't know if anyone cares, but I thought i'd share a photo of .22 "birdshot" from a Taurus 94.

I wanted to get an idea of the pattern at about 10' (frog hunting distance)

This looks like it will do nicely!

20130308_135514_zpse89b1ebb.jpg

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    Interesting. I hadn't considered them for getting some frog legs :) You think the shot will go all the way through? I don't wanna be biting into lead.

Glockowner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Princeton
    Impressive, I tried hunting with my 5 1/2" MKIII and couldn't hold a pattern to kill past 5 feet. Now I am looking tor a cheap 22lr rifle.

outnumbered

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Is this what happens when the only ammo readily available at Wal-Mart meets a day with nothing else to do? Just kidding, but wish I wasn't kidding about the ammo part. Should dispatch creepy crawlys nicely.

Wheezy50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Morgan County
    Is this what happens when the only ammo readily available at Wal-Mart meets a day with nothing else to do? Just kidding, but wish I wasn't kidding about the ammo part. Should dispatch creepy crawlys nicely.

That's exactly why this picture was taken! Little extra time to kill, and regular .22 ammo is impossible to find.

That and I am interested in hunting frogs with it this summer. I would think that from 10' and closer it will be plenty lethal. I guess next time I will need a penetration test :D

Bikerdad61

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Sullivan
    22 Bird shot rounds have sure evolved over the years. Any other old timers like me remember the brass case 22 bird shot with the crimped end ? All they were was lead flakes. Not sure you could kill a bird with them if you were standing on top of it. :D Dad used to shoot them out of a old Winchester 62 pump and I think most of the flakes stuck to the inside of the barrel.

Top Bottom