• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I've seen the rifles and scoffed many times. After all, you have a high prices rifle that does nothing but sit in a rest and the shooter walks up and touches the trigger to sent the round down range. No big deal, right? It can't be that tough, right?

Well, once again I've tried another shooting sport that I absolutely love and it's because of the guys I shot with. I went out with my heavy-barrel .22 and was invited to try out some very nice rifles to really appreciate the sport. It was a great time and because the range has an enclosure with a pot belly stove, it was nice and warm.

I asked about bout buying a rifle if I wanted to start shooting matches and a xouple guys said I could use theirs, because it's hard to find them. I'm sure they are out there, but the asking price may be more than I'm willimg to pay. We shall see.

C294E55A-848A-49A5-856D-7BD341AE49B4_zpsljyckg1j.jpg

22567F77-DABA-4978-B910-2781BC7D80C4_zpsha1plwqz.jpg

0C7FF0B9-EA7C-4C44-B03F-F7551A1B7303_zpsw5ptb8gm.jpg

833C03CF-BEFF-4D6B-8930-3A4C7E469782_zps2wxlo9ig.jpg

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    While not formal competition, I have recently rediscovered the pleasure of slow deliberate rimfire shooting, whether from the bench or standing.

Win52C

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Lawrence County
    Welcome to the BR.22 club Que...I didn't get my screen name arbitrarily :) BR50 is a ton of fun, although I haven't shot competitively in a few years, I still enjoy dropping 5 or 10 through a hole every now and then :). And you have to do a lot more than just walk up and touch the Trigger! Just Saying .....and BTW 50 yds is the standard for .22 rf competition..hence the name :)... Just realized this thread gives me the smileys lol

PS. I personally prefer a 24x or 30x Optic...at 36x the x-hairs vibrate with the heartbeat too much for me ...I'll try to get a pic up in the next couple days of a couple of my babies...Awesome looking 40x and Anschutz 64 though....

Last edited:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Welcome to the BR.22 club Que...I didn't get my screen name arbitrarily :) BR50 is a ton of fun, although I haven't shot competitively in a few years, I still enjoy dropping 5 or 10 through a hole every now and then :). And you have to do a lot more than just walk up and touch the Trigger! Just Saying .....and BTW 50 yds is the standard for .22 rf competition..hence the name :)... Just realized this thread gives me the smileys lol

Yeah, there is A LOT more to do than walking up and pressing the trigger. I'm learning more and more every week.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    This type of shooting looks like a lot of fun. Im planning on hosting an informal rimfire bench rest shoot here at my house this summer, should be a good amount of fun.

Top Bottom