• ...and so much more!
  • gottabeoutdoors

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2017
    Frankfort
    Hello!

When I took over match director for this discipline, I left the start time as it was before - with registration opening at 10 am.

Over the past few years I've had people tell me they'd be interested in the match but church attendance prevents them from attending.

I'm considering moving the start of registration to 1 pm for 2024. Could you tell me which one of these fit you?

1) I participate, and prefer 10 am registration start
    2) I participate, and would like the 1 pm registration start better
    3) I participate, and a later start time would stop/prevent me from doing so
    4) I don't participate, and the proposed change wouldn't make a difference in that
    5) I don't participate, but the 1 pm registration start would allow me to do so!

Thanks in advance for your input!
    Mick

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    I participate, and the start time doesn't really matter to me.
    This later slot would finish up around 5-6pm

I'm assuming the setup time would also slide back a couple hours?

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I'm with diver. Though I have over a two hour drive, I would like it to start earlier. Having it not start until late morning kills my whole day which is what keeps me away from most matches of any type.

Maybe in retirement I'll look at it differently, but at my stage in life I can't give up 50% of my free time to one activity. I need events that wrap up by lunch or shortly after to attract me.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Have you thought of having multiple start times with small groups? Kinda like the carry gun matches at Riley?
    That is the reason I shoot that one. I sign up for an early slot, shoot, watch other shooters for as long as I like and hit the road. I'm eating lunch at home.

schmart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 10, 2014
    Lafayette
    Hello!

When I took over match director for this discipline, I left the start time as it was before - with registration opening at 10 am.

Over the past few years I've had people tell me they'd be interested in the match but church attendance prevents them from attending.

I'm considering moving the start of registration to 1 pm for 2024. Could you tell me which one of these fit you?

1) I participate, and prefer 10 am registration start
    2) I participate, and would like the 1 pm registration start better
    3) I participate, and a later start time would stop/prevent me from doing so
    4) I don't participate, and the proposed change wouldn't make a difference in that
    5) I don't participate, but the 1 pm registration start would allow me to do so!

Thanks in advance for your input!
    Mick
    Mick,
    You've already got my input in person, but to make it easier to tally... 5
    --Rick

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Interesting - I'll have to look into this. It does sound like a really long day for the match crew, though.
    And not popular with all. I actually like the social aspect of the matches. Hanging out with friends and enjoying the company of others all day while shooting is more fun than driving for an hour, punching holes in paper, and driving another hour. I can do that myself "for free" at my regular range.

2-Alpha

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2018
    Indianapolis area
    I don’t think the carry-gun day is really any longer than a regular match, but only the MD/ROs are there all day. And they probably have less help setting up & tearing down. CM has a point about only seeing a few other shooters, but it can be nice to be able to come late and/or get back home earlier. I guess the in-between idea could be a morning set-up, an early flight, a later flight, and then tear down. But that would be an even longer day.

I’d be a #1, but the later start time wouldn’t keep me from coming.

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    I think I prefer number one, keep the start time the same.
    If anything, moving it back one hour to 11:00 would make it easier for me to get there but not so late getting back to Bloomington. Maybe 11:00 would allow the churchgoers to go to early service and be able to make it to the match.
    As far as I know there are only two places in Indiana playing this game. Wildcat and Atlanta. I can't make it to all of them but I sure do enjoy the matches.

Top Bottom