• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I am not allowed to visit this post again. Unfortunately I live in a no grill apt.

That’s why I bought a house , well that and a yard for a dog.

1wpxgLJ.jpg

Hawaiian garlic chicken tonight

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    TSC has their name a pellets now. Few bucks cheaper than pitboss. I don't notice any profile flavor differences. Believe i gave $12 a 40lb bag last week.
    So, I realized the Costco in-store vs online prices were different. The Treager 33lb bag was $20, and the Kirkland 40lb bag was $13. I grabbed the Kirkland pellets this time, to give them a try.

The biggest problem with the Kirkland pellets is that the bag isn't resealable. So, I'm going to have to use 2 20lb pellet totes to store the whole bag. The Treager 33lb bag is resealable, which is a nice feature.

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    So, I realized the Costco in-store vs online prices were different. The Treager 33lb bag was $20, and the Kirkland 40lb bag was $13. I grabbed the Kirkland pellets this time, to give them a try.

The biggest problem with the Kirkland pellets is that the bag isn't resealable. So, I'm going to have to use 2 20lb pellet totes to store the whole bag. The Treager 33lb bag is resealable, which is a nice feature.
    13 is a steal... I've never seen a resealable bag. Must be the expensive 1s??
    I store my pellets in 5gal driveway salt buckets my gf gets from work every winter at McDonalds. I get like 30lbs in each bucket and store in the basement when i get 5 bags or so at a time. Recently it has only been a bag for now.

510picker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2017
    Martinsville
    Reading through this thread gave me the itch for a new grill. We already have a 36" Blackstone and gave our old gas grill to a family member. The debate was down to a pellet grill or a simple charcoal grill. In the end, we decided the 22" Weber Kettle fit our needs best. Looking forward to breaking it in!

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Reading through this thread gave me the itch for a new grill. We already have a 36" Blackstone and gave our old gas grill to a family member. The debate was down to a pellet grill or a simple charcoal grill. In the end, we decided the 22" Weber Kettle fit our needs best. Looking forward to breaking it in!
    Made a good choice. Small learning curve with charcoal but so worth it. I love doing vegetables over charcoal too. Especially asparagus

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    It was pre cooked bacon and sausage so it's more forgiving in the cooler but brown and serves cooked in bacon grease taste so much better. Then cinnamon rolls in a skillet that's been lightly greased with bacon grease over the fire are also super good. 20240505_084757.jpg 20240505_091724.jpg

Top Bottom