2024. Making what I own better and staying away from the "shinny" new stuff.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • purdue98

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2015
    West Lafayette, Indiana
    2023 was a savings account draining year. Prepper supplies, ammunition, firearms...yes, it all added up.
    2024 is the year of savings focus. Decided that I would not purchase anything new as our collection is diversified and we have a minimum of two platforms for each caliber of ammunition we stock.
    Going to make some smaller purchases for some precision parts from places like LakeLineLLC and Galloway Precision.
    We may even move towards selling a few of the pew-pews but that is not a pressing issue nor a foregone conclusion.

Wishing everyone a safe, blessed New Year.

Last edited:

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I was of the same mindset! Then, in the 1st 2 weeks of 2024, a M18 and Hellion popped up on deals I could not pass up. And back down the same path I go.....

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Been trying to do this too. Unsuccessfully. Honestly nothing new coming out has really grabbed my attention except the new blued Colt Python. I've got a couple projects I'd like to finish this year. But other than that I don't plan on picking up anything new.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I spent all of my "disposable" funds and more on a house and small chunk of woods.
    I may purchase something firearms related in the next year but there are no definitive plans.
    I will not be selling anything I have, but will be putting so.e trigger time in now that all I have to do is step outside to shoot.

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    This is my plan as well. Upgrading red dots/glass mainly. Stock up on a few different magazines.

Of course that plan will go right out the window if I can convince my brother-in-law to sell me his Barrett 50. Hiding that from the wife though. . . . . that may present an issue.

“Barrel? No, that’s a spare axle for the riding mower.”

“Handguard? No, that’s a spare leg for the modular garage shelving units.”

The rest you could pass off as parts for guns you already have lol.

I’m in the same boat though. I need to glass a few pistols and rifles, but aside from that I’m looking to stock up on ammo and components. Can’t shoot anything if I run outta ammo!

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Yeah, that sounded good to me too until I saw the new

Fill in the blank, it's always something.

If I promise not to but anything new does that mean I can buy used?

I went from August last year until a week ago with no new to me guns. I bought ammo for this year's steel challenge matches. A friend asked if I really needed 5,000 CCI Mini-Mags. I told him that might be enough.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I always get 1 or 2 guns a year, this year it’s a Staccato CS and maybe a Blued Python if
    I can find one. The CS is at the top of my list however as they shoot and carry phenomenally well and I want in on the new V3 magazines and system.

Toole

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 31, 2008
    Noblesville
    This year is an ammo year for me, hopefully. Sold a couple "mid grade" build ARs to purchase some "high grade ARs" and now the focus is ammo for them. I load my own 9mm, but wanting to add more 5.56 to the bank

Lilboog82

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2014
    Indiana
    I always tell myself this, no buying firearms this year....save save save!

then I see something that I can't live without, of course, or see a deal I can't pass up.

I just need to stop looking at places that sell firearms/firearms related products. on second thought, that won't happen either. ohhhhhh down the rabbit hole I go again...

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Being frugal is always a great plan. That said, you gotta be positioned to jump when a deal comes up.

It's always smart to take the possibility of resale into consideration on your purchases. Especially in this time of bidenomics, things could go brown pretty quickly.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom