• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Checked my cams. 2 jakes following a hen around very quietly. Had like 12 on cams in February. Tons of deer. Zero Bigfoots.

VostocK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 28, 2010
    I've taken a few years off.....Think ot's time to get out for spring turkey this season.
    I'm in the same boat. Went online and bought my spring turkey and game bird stamp today, along with a new set of camo. Now I just have to figure out where I am going to hunt. Turkey hunting can be frustrating on public land. A few years ago, I pretty much gave up hunting turkey after a couple of years of getting skunked. But I think I'll give it another shot this year.

Last edited:

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    If I'm quiet while percolating my coffee I see lots of them. :ar15:
    Just kidding. It's been tough up there the last few years. Looks better this year. Had at least 15 toms roosted above me last deer season. Lots on federal land too. If you want an out of state hunt, hit the Manistee National Forest.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    First time going after turkeys with a bow. How necessary are decoys? Idk if I’m overthinking it but I’m beginning to wonder if it’ll be a lot tougher getting a bird to come within 10-20 yards of my blind. I have my blind setup about 10 yards from the game trail they take daily but I’m hoping to call in birds that I’ve seen around my property but aren’t traveling on it daily.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    If this doesn't get me motivated to get up and go hunting, nothing will. I took this pic as these 4 Toms were crossing the ditch headed into my backyard. I also got a 2 minute and 30 second video as they fed in the backyard as I stood on the back porch about 15 yards away. The video is too large to post, otherwise I would happily share it.
    20230422_132303[1].jpg

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I took this picture last July 29th of 4 Jakes in the driveway, 40 yards from the above picture. Could it be the same birds? I'd like to think so. It would be cool to think they all made it through the winter with all the coyotes and bobcats around. 20220729_092214.jpg

El Conquistador

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Jan 28, 2019
    far from here
    1682364258170.png
    My grandson's first turkey he got Saturday about 7:30am on the youth hunt weekend. 24lbs 8 7/8" beard
    I was in the blind with him, we called in 3 big tom's from along way off. They saw the decoys and was coming in on a string then a hen came out of the woods on the other side of the field the tom's started veering off but not before he smoked the closest one at about 35 yards. Good day to take a kid hunting.

MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    Was driving back to IN yesterday on 70, and around F'nham @PhotoNinja spotted three out in a field.

Question for the turkey hunters: Is there a difference in taste between wild turkeys and the domestic like you get at the grocery?
    We have never had wild turkey, and were talking and wondering if they were good eating.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Was driving back to IN yesterday on 70, and around F'nham @PhotoNinja spotted three out in a field.

Question for the turkey hunters: Is there a difference in taste between wild turkeys and the domestic like you get at the grocery?
    We have never had wild turkey, and were talking and wondering if they were good eating.

Big difference. I'll eat store bought turkey, but won't go out of my way to do it.

I'll fight Brock Lesnar over smoked wild turkey

Top Bottom