• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    People wanting gun restrictions should maybe watch hour after hour of dashcam videos on youtube, and then ask if they'll give up their 'car rights'

Which I say, cause I just watched some

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Well, didn't see anything from the local newsies. To my surprise the video is up on the IGA site.

Fast forward to 36:45 unless you have insomnia. From there until 46:13 is amendments.

46:13-1:22:55 is Jim introducing the bill and the dems filibustering.

1:22:55: Vice Chair Crane (not sure why Raatz gave up the gavel) goes over the rules for testifying, 3 minutes with a timer, keep it moving. I've never seen it where they go through all the testimony and call people up afterwords. Ben Smaltz runs a committee better than anybody, now they got him as the Chair of the House Rules and Legislative Procedures Committee (SNORE!!!)

1:23:42: Indiana State Teachers Association rep: neutral. I'll take that from that bunch, she seemed pretty even-keeled for ISTA.

1:25:46: Marion County Commission on Youts: neutral. More of an anti but whatever.

(Missed the time mark) Becka McCracken Marion County Youth Violence Coalition (remember her as an anti from the ConC hearings) she got verklempt, hard to listen to and I was standing right behind her.

1:31:40: Me. I've done better, HB 1323 earlier this year was better. Great room to sit in, sucks for testifying. I did quote both Sun Tzu and a retired USAF 1-Star. Came in at 2:44, was about 3:10 when I ran through it on the back porch last night.

1:34:33: Mark Foster, support. Remember him from supporting ConC.

1:38:30: Chris Mitchum, PA guy for the Indiana School Resource Officers Association, support.

1:40:40: Jim goes up to close OH WAIT! They do it weird here, anybody got any questions for those who testified? And INGO's own KellyinAvon is the first one they call.

1:41:10: Me (Hey, I was in the back of the room at that point, took a bit to get up there.) At 1:42:37 Senator JD Ford hung a curve ball in the middle of the plate. That ball went in the cheap seats. That was the one question I was really hoping someone would ask.

1:45:16: Mark Foster

1:49:01; Chris Mitchum

1:50:55: Jim's closing remarks.

Sometime after that it passed the committee 10-3. On to the Senate floor for 2nd reading... hopefully the crony capitalism caucus gets held in check and no poison pill amendments get added.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    1680748498567.png

Edit: this was Craig Haggard's "Information privacy regarding firearms" bill. Very good bill that sailed through both the House and Senate.

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Appropriations committee is probably a snooze. Screenshots and dissing our elected officials is always good.

HK Guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    So what happens in the appropriations committee for 1177? Kind of the same thing that happened in the last committee?

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    So what happens in the appropriations committee for 1177? Kind of the same thing that happened in the last committee?
    I think they will look on the money aspects of the bill, its likely to be much more boring.
    HB 1177 is 4th up in the Senate Appropriations Committee Thursday. They went through 14 bills last week and have 18 scheduled for the 13th. Definitely no testimony to get through that many.

Last edited:

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    HB 1177 is 4th up in the Senate Appropriations Committee Thursday. They went through 14 bills last week and have 18 scheduled for the 13th. Definitely no testimony to get through that many.

Fourth out, so it won't be too bad.

8:30am Thursday

Tune in for the next episode of, "Wisearse Kabitzing of Indiana Poltics" here in the INGO channel.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    SB77 getting the John Hancocks needed to go to the Governor.

There will be NINJAS everywhere MAN!

giphy.gif

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    SB77 getting the John Hancocks needed to go to the Governor.

There will be NINJAS everywhere MAN!

giphy.gif
    May go buy one after 1 July, kind of like that one day, I went and bought beer on a Sunday.

I am glad to see this one got changed from a crony capitalism bill to something much more respectable.

Hopefully that made Liz Brown (AKA that **** ***** from Fort Wayne) mad. :rofl:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Chinese throwing stars = blood in the streets. We must outlaw them for the children. Nobody needs more than one throwing start to hunt. Safe storage for throwing stars! There should be a [pick a random number] day delay on throwing star purchases.

It all sounds so ridiculous. But substitute 'star' for 'gun' and suddenly some people don't think it sounds ridiculous.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Chinese throwing stars = blood in the streets. We must outlaw them for the children. Nobody needs more than one throwing start to hunt. Safe storage for throwing stars! There should be a [pick a random number] day delay on throwing star purchases.

It all sounds so ridiculous. But substitute 'star' for 'gun' and suddenly some people don't think it sounds ridiculous.
    They did change the name to "throwing stars" closing the Korean, Filipino, Vietnamese, and Japanese throwing star loophole.

Top Bottom