• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    Just got my firearms buck back from the butcher. Or somebody's buck. Called to see why it wasn't done yet and was told another month. Got a call the next day to pick it up.
    Need to find another butcher that will give me my deer, including burger, etc.
    That's the main reason I started cutting my own up. Other reasons were the lack of care trimming meat and cost .

I had some burger that was 50% fat, deer fat that is. It was not fit to eat.

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    Just got my firearms buck back from the butcher. Or somebody's buck. Called to see why it wasn't done yet and was told another month. Got a call the next day to pick it up.
    I have had one deer processed when I first started deer hunting. I couldn't justify the price and the quality of the meat was not "My deer".

I have done every deer since in my garage. It takes some time but you are assured you are getting the cuts and trimming done that you want. It also assures that the meet was properly taken care of. I make sure that the deer I take is down within 50 yards. If it is questionable I don't take the shot.

The butchers process so many deer the ground meat "may" have some of your deer in it and the steaks could be 10%-20% yours. So you never know what you are getting, if it was properly taken care of, and how quick it was dispatched.

I got a donor deer one year because I was in line for tag soup. Found out it was tracked and bumped several times and finally dispatched with a knife. Worst deer I have ever eaten, turned most of into jerky.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    That's the main reason I started cutting my own up. Other reasons were the lack of care trimming meat and cost .

I had some burger that was 50% fat, deer fat that is. It was not fit to eat.
    I took all my burger and twenty pound of brats to the cabin for the bears one time. Was all so rank you couldn't eat it.

Grogmister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    D&D Meat Processing in Corunna. Great people!

BAgun

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2021
    Bluffton
    D&D Meat Processing in Corunna. Great
    I have had one deer processed when I first started deer hunting. I couldn't justify the price and the quality of the meat was not "My deer".

I have done every deer since in my garage. It takes some time but you are assured you are getting the cuts and trimming done that you want. It also assures that the meet was properly taken care of. I make sure that the deer I take is down within 50 yards. If it is questionable I don't take the shot.

The butchers process so many deer the ground meat "may" have some of your deer in it and the steaks could be 10%-20% yours. So you never know what you are getting, if it was properly taken care of, and how quick it was dispatched.

I got a donor deer one year because I was in line for tag soup. Found out it was tracked and bumped several times and finally dispatched with a knife. Worst deer I have ever eaten, turned most of into jerky.
    Is there good web sites or instructional videos on butchering/processing deer yourself? I've always wanted to but have never done it. Figured it was hard to get the cuts and I'd turn it all into burger.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I think my favorite was when I found my new ground blind, which I thought was well staked and secure, in a soybean field about 100yds from where I left it. Next year I’ll use the stakes that screw into the ground. :D

IMG_2859.jpeg

Top Bottom