KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Link to the Judiciary Committee is in the previous post. I've made the updates for the co-authors and a couple changes here, reads a little better I think.

Senator,

I am writing to urge your support of SB 14, Firearms Matters. This bill was authored by Senators Tomes, Brown, and Doriot. SB 14 is co-authored by Senators Baldwin, Houchin, Kruse, Freeman, Koch, and Niemeyer.

This bill codifies the lawful carry of handguns, and comes at a time when the essential right of self-defense has never been more important.

There are currently 21 States with permit-less/no license carry of handguns. Those who opposed such legislation predicted dire consequences, as they do for any bill remotely considered Pro-2nd Amendment and Pro-Article 1, Section 32 of the Indiana Constitution. Observation shows this is not the case, as does data from FBI Uniform Crime Reporting. Put simply: the law-abiding don’t commit crimes. Criminals commit crimes and are undeterred by licensing schemes.

SB 14 does not change the definition of “proper person” that currently exists, nor does it make it lawful to possess a firearm when an individual is currently a prohibited possessor. Despite the claims of those who oppose this legislation, SB 14 does absolutely nothing to make access to firearms by prohibited possessors easier.

Over the past decade Indiana has passed a number of Pro-2nd Amendment and Pro-Article 1, Section 32 bills into law. These include: the law forbidding the prohibition of firearms stored in vehicles in employer’s parking lots (2010), the firearms law preemption statute (2011), the strengthening of the language and due process protections under the “Laird Law”, “Civil Immunity”, and “Church Carry” (2019). Again, the dire consequences (ranging from vigilantism to fratricide in churches) predicted by those who oppose any law that supports the Right to Keep and Bear Arms simply did not happen.

Of the 21 States with permit-less carry of handguns, 20 previously had handgun licensing requirements. Zero States have reinstated the licensing requirement.

I’m sure I can count on your support with this vital legislation.

Thank you,

Name

Address

Phone Number

Email
    Bump with link. Operation Fill Their Inboxes II (Electric Boogaloo) is in day 3.

Operation Put Pro-2A Butts in the Chairs has also commenced. I've mentioned many times that I consider myself blessed to be close enough to the Statehouse, have a job with no real emergencies, and have a metric crap-ton of use or lose annual leave so I can do this stuff.

Are you retired? Are you fairly local? Are you not retired but can you break away after lunch on Wednesday? Room 130 has plenty of chairs for Pro-2A butts. Room 130 sucks for giving testimony (I know I've griped about it before, and I will again. Heard it before? TOO BAD!) To sit in it ain't bad and it is a large room. It's not the House or Senate Chambers (those are SWEET!!) but it's not bad.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Bump with link. Operation Fill Their Inboxes II (Electric Boogaloo) is in day 3.

Operation Put Pro-2A Butts in the Chairs has also commenced. I've mentioned many times that I consider myself blessed to be close enough to the Statehouse, have a job with no real emergencies, and have a metric crap-ton of use or lose annual leave so I can do this stuff.

Are you retired? Are you fairly local? Are you not retired but can you break away after lunch on Wednesday? Room 130 has plenty of chairs for Pro-2A butts. Room 130 sucks for giving testimony (I know I've griped about it before, and I will again. Heard it before? TOO BAD!) To sit in it ain't bad and it is a large room. It's not the House or Senate Chambers (those are SWEET!!) but it's not bad.

Bump! Two good bills (SB 14 and SB 143) up in committee this week.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    NRA-ILA is rallying support for 1077.

KellyinAvon --

Last week, the House voted 64-29 to pass House Bill 1077, the lawful carry bill. It will now go to the Senate for further consideration. Please contact your state senator and ask them to SUPPORT HB 1077.

House Bill 1077 allows any law-abiding adult who is legally eligible to obtain a carry permit, to carry a handgun without first having to obtain government permission. This ensures that citizens have their right to self-defense without government red tape or delays. It does not affect previously issued carry permits, and allows citizens who still wish to obtain a permit in order to carry in other states recognizing Indiana permits, to do so.

NRA would like to thank bill sponsors, Rep. Ben Smaltz and Rep. Matt Lehman, as well as Rep. Jim Lucas, for their continued efforts to advance Second Amendment rights in Indiana. Again, please contact your state senator and ask them to SUPPORT HB 1077.

In Liberty,

David Conte
    Grassroots Field Coordinator
    NRA-ILA Grassroots Programs & Campaign Field Operations

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    More Emails sent this morning.

Anyone have a feel for Sen. Bohacek? I haven't received any replies from him.
    When I predicted 8-3 or 7-4 vote out of committee, the "4" was Bohacek voting with the antis. He has a "B" from NRA-ILA and is not endorsed. Anything less than an A for an R concerns me.

Jeepster48439

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Marion County
    NRA-ILA is rallying support for 1077.

KellyinAvon --

Last week, the House voted 64-29 to pass House Bill 1077, the lawful carry bill. It will now go to the Senate for further consideration. Please contact your state senator and ask them to SUPPORT HB 1077.

House Bill 1077 allows any law-abiding adult who is legally eligible to obtain a carry permit, to carry a handgun without first having to obtain government permission. This ensures that citizens have their right to self-defense without government red tape or delays. It does not affect previously issued carry permits, and allows citizens who still wish to obtain a permit in order to carry in other states recognizing Indiana permits, to do so.

NRA would like to thank bill sponsors, Rep. Ben Smaltz and Rep. Matt Lehman, as well as Rep. Jim Lucas, for their continued efforts to advance Second Amendment rights in Indiana. Again, please contact your state senator and ask them to SUPPORT HB 1077.

In Liberty,

David Conte
    Grassroots Field Coordinator
    NRA-ILA Grassroots Programs & Campaign Field Operations
    Done.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    How do they rate Aylesworth?
    He was endorsed in 2020, I don't look for that to be the case later this year. I dimed him out the day of the vote, as I did everyone the NRA-ILA had previously endorsed who sided with the antis on this.

Jeepster48439

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Marion County
    That it is being heard at all is a good sign. Once it passes committee, Rod Bray is the only thing between it and law.... I don't see Holcomb actively vetoing it.

This is good news!!!!
    I got an email from Hoosier Gun Rights tonight urging me to write in opposition to SB14 because it is not a true ConC bill.

When will these guys learn? Progress is made one step at a time, no matter how small they appear to be.

Email from Hoosier Gun Rights:

Constitutional Carry is in dire straits in Indiana unless you act immediately.

You see, my sources indicate that Senate President Pro Temp. Rodric Bray and Sen. Liz Brown are conspiring to kill Constitutional Carry bill HB 1077 that passed out of the Indiana House just last week.

But to do this, they are sneaking around behind your back.

On Tuesday Wednesday, Brown’s Senate Judiciary Committee plans to hear SB 14, a watered-down Constitutional Carry bill that contains GUN CONTROL.

This is completely unacceptable, unless it is amended to reflect the same language as HB 1077.

That is why we need you to act NOW.

Click this link to email both Bray and Brown and tell them that SB 14 is unacceptable unless it is amended.

You can use the form letter we wrote, or you are welcome to write your own message demanding Bray and Brown stand up for your God-given Second Amendment rights by amending SB 14 IMMEDIATELY.

Things might look bad, but there is hope.

Many Republican senators have signaled their support to pass a true Constitutional Carry law in 2022.

But we must take action right away to ensure that happens.

The only way to stop Bray and Brown’s scheming is for every pro-gun Hoosier to take a stand today.

So please, email Bray and Brown right now and demand that they amend and pass a clean Constitutional Carry bill with the HB 1077 language approved by the Indiana State House.

Right now, Bray and Brown are the biggest obstacles to reclaiming your inalienable right to defend yourself.

And the truth is, the power rests in your hands.

Your continued pressure on these two unscrupulous legislators will help turn the corner and make Indiana the 22nd Constitutional Carry state.

We at HGR are fighting on all fronts to make Constitutional Carry the law of the land in Indiana.

Hoosier Gun Rights is sending direct mail, running digital ads, and contacting every pro-gun Hoosier in the state.

I am even heading to Bray’s district today to inform his constituents about his scheme to kill Constitutional Carry.

But I need you to hammer the message home.

So please email Bray and Brown immediately and DEMAND they amend and pass a clean Constitutional Carry bill right away!

Once you’ve done that, I have one more favor to ask.

As I am sure you are aware, running digital ads and printing mail and flyers is not cheap.

That is why I hope you will consider a generous contribution to Hoosier Gun Rights to help us continue the fight.

Damian, chipping in just $20 or $30 will help us to reach thousands of other pro-gun Hoosiers and ramp up the pressure on Bray and Brown.

I know that is a big ask for some, but even $5 or $10 will make a huge impact on our program.

Please know that every cent you donate will go towards this important fight, and with the necessary funds and pressure, I know we can win.

No matter what you can afford, thank you for taking the time to demand Senate Pres. Pro Temp. Rodric Bray and Senator Liz Brown to amend and pass Constitutional Carry.

With your continued support, there is nothing that can stop Indiana from becoming the next Constitutional Carry state!

For Freedom,

Will Fite
    Director of Legislation
    Hoosier Gun Rights

Jeepster48439

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Marion County
    But wait, there's more!

SB 143 (Self Defense, makes pointing a firearm in a reasonable force situation that doesn't rise to deadly force, NOT a felony) is up in the Corrections and Criminal Law Committee on Tuesday at 0900. Straight up, I can't be there on a Tuesday coming off a holiday at 0900. This sucks because I got 5 minutes of material on it. Hell, make it 0900 Wednesday the 19th, I have that entire day projected as annual leave. I'll spend the whole damn day there. But NNNNOOOOOOO!! OK, rant over.

This is really close to HB 1114 (Self Defense by Jim Lucas) in the House. It fixes a long-standing problem created by two judges 20 years ago.

Bumping the draft email next post.

Emails sent.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I got an email from Hoosier Gun Rights tonight urging me to write in opposition to SB14 because it is not a true ConC bill.

When will these guys learn? Progress is made one step at a time, no matter how small they appear to be.

You see, my sources indicate that Senate President Pro Temp. Rodric Bray and Sen. Liz Brown are conspiring to kill Constitutional Carry bill HB 1077 that passed out of the Indiana House just last week.

On Tuesday Wednesday, Brown’s Senate Judiciary Committee plans to hear SB 14, a watered-down Constitutional Carry bill that contains GUN CONTROL.

This is completely unacceptable, unless it is amended to reflect the same language as HB 1077.

Click this link to email both Bray and Brown and tell them that SB 14 is unacceptable unless it is amended.

You can use the form letter we wrote, or you are welcome to write your own message demanding Bray and Brown stand up for your God-given Second Amendment rights by amending SB 14 IMMEDIATELY.

Many Republican senators have signaled their support to pass a true Constitutional Carry law in 2022.

The only way to stop Bray and Brown’s scheming is for every pro-gun Hoosier to take a stand today.

So please, email Bray and Brown right now and demand that they amend and pass a clean Constitutional Carry bill with the HB 1077 language approved by the Indiana State House.

Right now, Bray and Brown are the biggest obstacles to reclaiming your inalienable right to defend yourself.

Your continued pressure on these two unscrupulous legislators will help turn the corner and make Indiana the 22nd Constitutional Carry state.

We at HGR are fighting on all fronts to make Constitutional Carry the law of the land in Indiana.

Hoosier Gun Rights is sending direct mail, running digital ads, and contacting every pro-gun Hoosier in the state.

I am even heading to Bray’s district today to inform his constituents about his scheme to kill Constitutional Carry.

So please email Bray and Brown immediately and DEMAND they amend and pass a clean Constitutional Carry bill right away!

As I am sure you are aware, running digital ads and printing mail and flyers is not cheap.

That is why I hope you will consider a generous contribution to Hoosier Gun Rights to help us continue the fight.

Damian, chipping in just $20 or $30 will help us to reach thousands of other pro-gun Hoosiers and ramp up the pressure on Bray and Brown.

I know that is a big ask for some, but even $5 or $10 will make a huge impact on our program.

Please know that every cent you donate will go towards this important fight, and with the necessary funds and pressure, I know we can win.

No matter what you can afford, thank you for taking the time to demand Senate Pres. Pro Temp. Rodric Bray and Senator Liz Brown to amend and pass Constitutional Carry.

With your continued support, there is nothing that can stop Indiana from becoming the next Constitutional Carry state!

For Freedom,

Will Fite
    Director of Legislation
    Hoosier Gun Rights
    I consider them to be an anti-gun organization.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

For Freedom,

Will Fite
    Director of Legislation
    Hoosier Gun Rights
    I agree with Act… it’s not about when will they learn. They style themselves as no-compromise, all-or-nothing people who will fight against anything short of the repeal of all laws that mention the words firearm, gun, or weapon. What they forget or perhaps don’t care about is that, given an ultimatum, politicians are more likely to remove YOUR choices than to “defend liberty “.

In other words, “nothing” is an option you offer when you say “all or nothing”, and the only thing of which I’m uncertain is whether HGR is ignorant of this fact or indifferent to it.

Blessings,
    Bill

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

For Freedom,

Will Fite
    Director of Legislation
    Hoosier Gun Rights
    This is the same guy who Public Policy Chair Ben Smaltz called out in the 1077 hearing over what HGR sent him opposing 1077. After HGR guy testified in favor he threw their lawyer under the bus when asked about it.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    SB 143 up in committee today. We are D-1 day to SB 14 being up in the Judiciary Committee tomorrow.

The emails to the Senate will be in your sent items unlike the emails to House members. Open/reply to all/send it again!

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Well, crap.
    My plan was to come to Indy tomorrow for this, but then no one will be with my grandson after school, and I want the house to still be standing when I get home. Someone else will have to be there to be a butt in the seat, he only has one grandfather and he comes first.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Added new co-authors.

Senator,

I am writing to urge your support of SB 14, Firearms Matters. This bill was authored by Senators Tomes, Brown, and Doriot. SB 14 is co-authored by Senators Baldwin, Houchin, Kruse, Freeman, Koch, Niemeyer, Gaskill, Sandlin, and Messmer.

This bill codifies the lawful carry of handguns, and comes at a time when the essential right of self-defense has never been more important.

There are currently 21 States with permit-less/no license carry of handguns. Those who opposed such legislation predicted dire consequences, as they do for any bill remotely considered Pro-2nd Amendment and Pro-Article 1, Section 32 of the Indiana Constitution. Observation shows this is not the case, as does data from FBI Uniform Crime Reporting. Put simply: the law-abiding don’t commit crimes. Criminals commit crimes and are undeterred by licensing schemes.

SB 14 does not change the definition of “proper person” that currently exists, nor does it make it lawful to possess a firearm when an individual is currently a prohibited possessor. Despite the claims of those who oppose this legislation, SB 14 does absolutely nothing to make access to firearms by prohibited possessors easier.

Over the past decade Indiana has passed a number of Pro-2nd Amendment and Pro-Article 1, Section 32 bills into law. These include: the law forbidding the prohibition of firearms stored in vehicles in employer’s parking lots (2010), the firearms law preemption statute (2011), the strengthening of the language and due process protections under the “Laird Law”, “Civil Immunity”, and “Church Carry” (2019). Again, the dire consequences (ranging from vigilantism to fratricide in churches) predicted by those who oppose any law that supports the Right to Keep and Bear Arms simply did not happen.

Of the 21 States with permit-less carry of handguns, 20 previously had handgun licensing requirements. Zero States have reinstated the licensing requirement.

I’m sure I can count on your support with this vital legislation.

Thank you,

Name

Address

Phone Number

Email

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Well, crap.
    My plan was to come to Indy tomorrow for this, but then no one will be with my grandson after school, and I want the house to still be standing when I get home. Someone else will have to be there to be a butt in the seat, he only has one grandfather and he comes first.
    You do what you gotta do Bill. Family is very important (and not just like on The Godfather.)

We are 19 hours from putting butts in the seats in room 130.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom