Not open for further replies.

MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    Sorry, no pics- I did a sirloin tip roast Saturday. 250 for 4 ish hours to 145 degree internal (the kids and wife like medium...I prefer near raw). It turned out great. I made an au jus in the foil pan under the roast. It's a leaner and relatively inexpensive cut of meat, meaning taking it up to near 200 is a bad idea, but this turned out like some of the best roast beef I've ever had.

I'm going to have to try that. A couple weeks ago, I used a sirloin tip roast to make Italian Beef in the crockpot. Meat was a good price at Aldi, so I figured why not. I like this cut of meat better than chuck or round that I used before.

You use a pellet grill, correct? I need to look into those, it seems like anyone who uses them likes them. My Bradley smoker is great, but not big enough to do a full packer brisket and when I was smoking salmon last week, the temp got way high(I wasn't paying enough attention).

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I'm going to have to try that. A couple weeks ago, I used a sirloin tip roast to make Italian Beef in the crockpot. Meat was a good price at Aldi, so I figured why not. I like this cut of meat better than chuck or round that I used before.

You use a pellet grill, correct? I need to look into those, it seems like anyone who uses them likes them. My Bradley smoker is great, but not big enough to do a full packer brisket and when I was smoking salmon last week, the temp got way high(I wasn't paying enough attention).

Yes- pellet grill. The "set it and forget" nature of the temperature control is great.

Wbayne

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2019
    Madison
    Planning to smoke a few turkey breast for a dinner this weekend, anyone have a brine recipe they recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Made 4 racks of ribs tonight for supper. I did the 3-2-1 method, and they got slightly overdone. Had a hard time cutting them because half of them wanted to just fall apart. They did have great flavor though, and had no complaints from the fam. I'm just a little over critical of myself I guess. Paired the ribs up with some cornbread muffins, and some bourbon-bacon baked beans. I will definitely be cooking these beans again!

Beans ingredients:
    1 can Bush's baked beans
    1 can Great Northern white beans
    1 can Black beans
    2 oz bourbon
    1 Tbsp Worchestershire
    3 Tbsp Ketchup
    2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
    1/4 cup Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce
    3/4 cup dark brown sugar
    1/2 yellow onion, chopped
    4 strips of thick cut bacon

[FONT=&quot]
    0km4z3x.jpg

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    Bag6Sgr.jpg

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    grgOeSO.jpg

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    InV44YG.jpg

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    WO6QEwH.jpg
    [/FONT]

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Made a more Uruguayan kind of dish yesterday, beef packed full of vegetables with a chimichurri type flavor, top layered with sliced potato coated with paprika and tomato bullion. The wife enjoyed it so okie dokie.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Pulled two strips out of the freezer for tomorrow, high protein low residue.
    We're whittling down the leftovers to make room in the icebox for post-Thanksgiving and besides, she's been eating her veggies.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Wife has now made her 3rd batch. Smoking the meat and veggies and finishing on the stove/crockpot.

Acx6QD9l.jpg

SH7R6kil.jpg

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I will be smoking my first turkey on Thanksgiving. Took forever to find rolling papers big enough...

...but seriously folks, doing something new for the first time on an occasion violates one of my rules, but it's just going to be the immediate family.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    I will be smoking my first turkey on Thanksgiving. Took forever to find rolling papers big enough...

...but seriously folks, doing something new for the first time on an occasion violates one of my rules, but it's just going to be the immediate family.
    The garlic butter injections made it hard to light as well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom