• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Looks good. The darker the skin comes out the better my smoked chicken tastes. I consider it sacrificial and it goes in the trash anyway.

Joe G

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    SE Indiana
    ALERT! Just got the weekly adds. Starting tomorrow, April 6, Kroger will have whole pork shoulders for $.88/lb.

The Indy market gets all the good pricing. :xmad:

We're part of the Cincy market and the "sale" for whole pork shoulders is $1.79/lb. We didn't get the good sale pricing when it was on sale last month either!!

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Pizzas on the Egg tonight, getting ready to rub some butt, then I'm gonna season a pork butt for the Egg in the morning! Pizza pics unable to load on photohell. Maybe the pork will be able to be uploaded! Need a new mop recipe if anybody has a goto?

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Went by Kroger this afternoon and bought 35 pounds of pork shoulder. They had it miss marked for $1.19 a pound instead of $.88 a pound so I went and told the guy at the meat counter. He printed me off new stickers but when I rang them up they came up at $.44 a pound. I told the guy at the U scan but he said it was cool and let me buy them at that price. I really regretted not only having gotten 35 pounds at that point. It all plus a 10 pound brisket is on the UDS as we speak.

DBCPhP.jpg

Last edited:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Pizzas on the Egg tonight, getting ready to rub some butt, then I'm gonna season a pork butt for the Egg in the morning! Pizza pics unable to load on photohell. Maybe the pork will be able to be uploaded! Need a new mop recipe if anybody has a goto?

The best pork I've done was using 50/50 apple juice and apple cider vinegar in a spray bottle. I pulled the daisy wheel and sprayed it in through the top vent opening every 45 - 60 minutes and it glazed up like candy. Delicious.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia

The best pork I've done was using 50/50 apple juice and apple cider vinegar in a spray bottle. I pulled the daisy wheel and sprayed it in through the top vent opening every 45 - 60 minutes and it glazed up like candy. Delicious.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    That's the same mop I've been usingish, maybe not exactly 50/50, but same ingredients. Guess I'll try the 50/50!

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Dinner prepped to go on the grill in a bit. Garlic teriyaki T-bone and a deer tenderloin stuffed with a mozzarella, parmesan, chipotle aioli. Thinking about wrapping the tenderloin in bacon too. Haven't fully decided on that yet tho.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    So, I have been under the weather the last week or so. However, as I was getting ready to grill some burgers and brats for lunch today my daughter asked if she could try cooking on the grill. What could I say...heck yeah. I supervised and assisted but let her do the grilling. No pics but she NAILED IT. Perfect sear on the burgers, juicy and well done. Perfectly cooked brats (none of them split). Good times.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    Hoosiermommy ordered me a grill with some of our tax money. Went to assemble it today and was missing all th hardware and assembly instructions. No steaks tonight.

Top Bottom