Ribs for St. Joseph's feast day.
    qmSPpV.jpg

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I forgot to take pictures once I sliced it, I was kind of nervous since I'm not used to cooking brisket for groups of 50 or so people, especially when it's a lot of people that I don't know. Pork shoulder is easy but I always worry with brisket. All in all it came out really well, only about four or so or so pounds were left at the end of the night and everyone seemed really happy with it.

I know exactly what you mean. Last year, I volunteered to take a brisket in to work. I cooked 12-15 before I decided to volunteer, and they all turned out great. I did the same thing I always do with every other brisket, and it was garbage. It ended up becoming chopped beef. The odd thing is, everyone loved it.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I know exactly what you mean. Last year, I volunteered to take a brisket in to work. I cooked 12-15 before I decided to volunteer, and they all turned out great. I did the same thing I always do with every other brisket, and it was garbage. It ended up becoming chopped beef. The odd thing is, everyone loved it.

Sometimes you just get an bad one.

Every once in a while we'd get one in the restaurant that just wouldn't come out right. I'd dice the whole thing, vac bag/freeze it, and use it in Brunswick stew for the next couple months.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    EEEEEFFFFFFfff all of you all camera freaks! I'm sitting on the second hour of a ??? hour stall on the butts! My question to you is, how can you take pictures AND do the cook?

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I normally just yell for a brat, or uh I mean beloved offspring, to bring me some form of picture taking device as needed.
    Glad you clarified, I was trying to figure out what, or how a Johnsonville Brat could do that? I think I'm hungry? Brats with cameras? Yep, I'm definitely hungry, dropped off 18 lbs of butts at the bar for tonight's event, but had to leave so didn't even get to eat any!:( I hope it doesn't suck?:dunno:

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Whoa, that looks pretty friggin delicious. How is the yuenling black/tan? Have not tried it yet.

It's a really dark beer, almost as dark as a cola. Im not usually into dark beers, and am in no way a beer snob, but this one is not hoppy, and goes down smooth with good flavor. Its not a strong beer, and would be good for someone with a lighter palate like myself.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    iSeekLight
    Top Bottom