• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scheesman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Indy
    It's that time of year again! The 2015 Indiana Multigun schedule has been finalized! We are happy to announce that 2 additional clubs will be included in the 2015 INMG Series. South Central Gun Club in Freetown and We The People Gun Club in Greencastle have joined on to make Indiana Multigun even greater!

The addition of these 2 additional clubs has allowed us to schedule a total of 19 matches this upcoming season. The schedule has been attached. The dates are subject to change, but we have done a good job of confirming as much as possible as early as possible.

An updated website should be launched in the next week or so, and the series signup should begin sometime in the beginning of January.

View attachment 2015 INMG Series Dates.pdf

Latewatch

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Henryville, IN
    Looks like 2015 is gonna be a busy 3 Gun year..... I've got about 6 major 3 Gun matches scheduled + INMG matches and also getting down to shoot at BGSL and Rockcastle. I better load ALOT more ammo. See you guys on the range

flnt38

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    I am so glad that there are some matches closer to us in the southern part of the state. getting my gear together to shoot at least part of the series.

birdo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Lafayette, IN
    It sure is, I could not be happier with the rate of growth that we are seeing in the sport. Both from a club perspective and a shooter turnout perspective.

birdo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Lafayette, IN
    It sure is, I could not be happier with the rate of growth that we are seeing in the sport. Both from a club perspective and a shooter turnout perspective.

Also, anyone who wants up to date information about the INMG series of events, please ensure that you subscribe to the mailing list (Google Mail Group), linked on the www.IndianaMultigun.com site. That's the only method we have to communicate last minute round count changes, cancellations, and other important info.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    Are beginners allowed to participate in these events? I have been gearing up this winter to try my first 3-gun match this summer.

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    Are beginners allowed to participate in these events? I have been gearing up this winter to try my first 3-gun match this summer.
    Absolutely. Just be observant, make sure you ask plenty of questions, and let your squad RO know you're a new shooter. Most 3-gun shooters are friendly as heck and more than willing to answer questions. The overall safety rules and commands are pretty similar to any action shooting match, just a few extra things to be mindful of when you're dealing with multiple firearms.

ETA: Everybody was a beginner at some point! :D

birdo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Lafayette, IN
    Absolutely. Just be observant, make sure you ask plenty of questions, and let your squad RO know you're a new shooter. Most 3-gun shooters are friendly as heck and more than willing to answer questions. The overall safety rules and commands are pretty similar to any action shooting match, just a few extra things to be mindful of when you're dealing with multiple firearms.

ETA: Everybody was a beginner at some point! :D

I would echo what Adam said. Also, read our rules up on the web site (www.IndianaMultigun.com), we take the time to put them together for a reason, and they will give you a good idea of what to expect. There is an update coming out shortly to that ruleset, but the basic safety-related sections and such will not change (much).

RHVette

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Is it too late to sign up for the series? I'd like to give it a shot this year if possible.

birdo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Lafayette, IN
    First match is in six weeks. Something needs to start happening soon. Someone promised updated rules "next week" on the INMG facebook page January 7th.

Might want to check the site, that's been live for a few days.

<My commentary> And remember that it's still 10 degrees outside, February, and we have lives outside of this. I believe that I recently stated this (about 5 posts up). If you want more timely updates, please volunteer your time and help us out.

This is only my opinion, and me venting.
    </My commentary>

Thanks to Sean for all the hard work in getting this online, much appreciated.

scheesman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Indy
    Also, there have been many issues that we've had to address since I "promised" updated rules a month ago. I know it can be frustrating to be waiting for something that you have no control over, but how about you do all of us that volunteer our time the benefit of the doubt and don't just assume we're wasting time to waste time. As Tony said, feel free to volunteer your time and you will see how challenging it can be to hit 14 different targets that are all moving the same time you are.

cschwanz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    In the rules, under scoring I still see there is the "stage points" like in the past. I had heard of doing away with the points and just being a straight total time. Did that not happen?

Top Bottom