2011 Dumb A** of the Year: a leading candidate!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    "Chicago's new top cop says the accessibility to firearms in America is an extension "of government-sponsored racism" that goes back to the days of slavery and Jim Crow."

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    "The NRA does not like me, and I’m okay with that. We’ve got to get the gun debate back to center, and it’s got to come with the recognition of who’s paying the price for the gun manufacturers being rich and living in gated communities," McCarthy said.
    McCarthy illustrated his point by recalling a crime scene investigation while he was a police official in Newark, New Jersey where five children were shot, two of whom were killed. McCarthy said when he got home, he turned on his television to unwind and find an episode of "Sarah Palin's Alaska" showing.
    "She was caribou hunting and talking about the right to bear arms. Why wasn't she at the crime scene with me?"
    I see he brought his Deputy Superintendant with him. LT. Strawman. :n00b: What the hec does Sarah Palin hunting caribou and talking about 2A rights have to do with being at a crime scene in Joisey?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I have better questions: Why wasn't the shooter who was responsible for the shooting in Jersey properly educated about firearms and their lawful use? Why was he or she not out in the woods hunting and bringing home a season's meals for his or her family?

Why was McCarthy not taught that tools only work in the hand of a human and only do what they are made to do, as they have no will of their own?

Why does it matter if people who earn money spend it to make their lives more comfortable and safe?

Why does someone who has never worked a day in his life get to spend other peoples' money to live in the most exclusive "gated community" of all?

4443195729_9da33f41c7.jpg

Blessings,
    Bill

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    I see he brought his Deputy Superintendant with him. LT. Strawman. :n00b: What the hec does Sarah Palin hunting caribou and talking about 2A rights have to do with being at a crime scene in Joisey?

He's trying to say that if there were more restrictions on firearms then we would have less gun violence (or even accidental killings with firearms). It's the style of argument that anti-gunners tend to fall back on when facts fail.

They will refuse to address the fact that criminals who are going to commit crimes are probably not going to obey gun laws. They try to convince the public that the passing of a new law will miraculously solve the problem, it's supposed to go something like this:

Criminal: Hey, I feel like raping and plundering today.

Politician: New law passed today saying raping and plundering is illegal!

Criminal: Damn, there goes my plan for raping and plundering.

Or something like this to illustrate gun laws better:

Criminal: Hey I feel like raping and plundering today WITH A GUN.

Politician: New law passed today saying you can't carry a gun!

Criminal: Damn, guess I just have to rape and plunder WITHOUT A GUN today.

(of course we are ignoring the fact that raping and plundering is illegal to begin with and assuming that the criminal is going to choose to obey one law despite his decision to break the others).

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    "Now I want you to connect one more dot on that chain of the African American history in this country, and tell me if I’m crazy. Federal gun laws that facilitate the flow of illegal firearms, into our urban centers across this country, that are killing our black and brown children," he said.

Ok, granted the ATF is happy to give plenty of rifles and such to the folks in Mexico, but how are the current laws facilitating the transfer of illegal firearms?

Also, the Ignorance Personified tag is awesome :rockwoot:

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Everything this ***hole said is word for word the same dumb **** that you hear on the news, or scared soccer moms saying between sobs. It amazes me that even though they have been proven wrong time and time again, they keep spouting the same idiotic lies. Absolutely incredible!:xmad:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Wow. Saw this on the Chicago news last night and the first thing I thought of was, "What an idiot. He's got it exactly backwards". Gun control is racist, in its roots and in its application. Especially in Chicago. Just goes to show the calibre of people Rahm Emmanuel is populating his administration with. The fights for gun rights in Illinois and Chicago are going to get bloody.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    It looks like the new Mayor McCheese has found his anti 2A spearhead. I thought Daley was bad. Ol' Rahm Emanuel looks like he's ready to pick up the torch and run with it straight over to the Constitution and light it up.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    This man is dangerous. Not just because of his idiocy, but as much because of his willingness to put it on full display in such a delusional, reckless manner. Stay strong :patriot:

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    He brought up the race thing so I am going to jump on the race thing too. From some of the readin I have done a lot of these gun control laws got passed in the first place to keep blacks from being able to own firearms. There was the discrimination.

orange

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Gary! Not cool.
    That made me smile. He's got some point after all, there is an association, just the racism angle is completely opposite from what he wants people to believe.

I wonder if it's ignorance or blatant lie on his part.

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    He brought up the race thing so I am going to jump on the race thing too. From some of the readin I have done a lot of these gun control laws got passed in the first place to keep blacks from being able to own firearms. There was the discrimination.

Beat me to it. I wonder if this piece of walking excrement knows the history and doesn't care, or if he really is just that **** stupid.

spitfire51

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    I would love to see him give an actual example of a federal law that facilitates the flow of illegal weapons to inner cities...oh wait, he probably can't.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    "Chicago's new top cop says the accessibility to firearms in America is an extension "of government-sponsored racism" that goes back to the days of slavery and Jim Crow."

What a bunch of crap.
    Gun Control was started in large part in the post slavery days to keep the recently freed slaves down.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    You guys should cut him some slack. Supposedly, his little speech was an impromptu oration (according to the news). It must have been the water or the pulpit* at St. Sabina. Either that or he just felt the need to cater to his host ... you know, the poverty pimp, Pfleger. By the way, the comments were made on June 5th.

Anyway, his office did release a brief statement today with something about respecting gun rights, blah, blah, blah.

More from SSC.

*Chicago Reader.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    You guys should cut him some slack. Supposedly, his little speech was an impromptu oration (according to the news). It must have been the water or the pulpit* at St. Sabina. Either that or he just felt the need to cater to his host ... you know, the poverty pimp, Pfleger. By the way, the comments were made on June 5th.

Anyway, his office did release a brief statement today with something about respecting gun rights, blah, blah, blah.

More from SSC.

*Chicago Reader.

Impromptu can show a lack of research, yes, but it also can be an easy way to gauge a man's honest opinion since he doesn't have time to prepare the "spin". This man is not fit to be an officer of the law.

And yes, I saw the purple ;) .

Top Bottom