• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm predicting a winning season, just still flipping coins about the playoffs...

We could make it to first round, but not holding my breath after that.

Im with you. I think we'll have a winning season. If we don't, I don't think that will fall on Collins. That will fall on the rest of the team. Looking at the game, it seemed that everyone, with the exception Reggie Wayne were consigned to believe that without Peyton, they were a terrible team (Clark w/poor blocking, Collie w/no field awareness). I think they accepted being losers before the first play. If they can believe that that can compete, they will. The talent is there they just need to step up.

sharkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Hognuts' Liberal ****hole
    I can't really blame Clark for having trouble block Mario Williams. Williams has 3 inches and 30+ pounds on him, plus is coming in with room to get going. A hands tight end blocking the biggest LB in league history?

The best tackles in the league had trouble with Williams when he DIDN'T get a couple yards to build up steam.

Clark's lack of effective blocking was a coaching failure. Wonder if the "Phillips is a idiot for moving Williams to LB" opinion that's been floating around was in play? Just like expecting to be "bad" without Manning, Caldwell's staff may have expected Williams to be "bad" like most of the windy writers.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    I can't really blame Clark for having trouble block Mario Williams. Williams has 3 inches and 30+ pounds on him, plus is coming in with room to get going. A hands tight end blocking the biggest LB in league history?

The best tackles in the league had trouble with Williams when he DIDN'T get a couple yards to build up steam.

Clark's lack of effective blocking was a coaching failure. Wonder if the "Phillips is a idiot for moving Williams to LB" opinion that's been floating around was in play? Just like expecting to be "bad" without Manning, Caldwell's staff may have expected Williams to be "bad" like most of the windy writers.

Even the announcers were saying "Clark blocking Williams? Never gonna happen, not that matchup"

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Well, the weekend is upon us again.
    Let's hope the O-line gets their act together, the defense can tackle, and Collins gets a little more familiar with the offense.
    These seem to be the typical issues we've had for a while.
    Even when Manning couldn't practice the timing was horrible and it took weeks for the offense to come around.
    I'll repeat my hopes for the O-line to vastly improve.
    Collins can do the job. He's no Manning but then again...Who is?
    I'll hope for an 8-8 season at this point but I'll expect nothing.
    Manning's Magic has kept this team on top of the scoreboard for years.
    I hope he makes it back.
    We've had the priviledge of seeing one of the greatest of all times play in Indy. With some luck we'll be able to watch him a couple of more years.

deer hunter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Collins is at best a 50% pass completion QB. What do the Colts expect with his 16 year history? Collins was never a great QB and he is worse now than ever. They should have went after a top QB, because the odds are that Manning will never be back.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I'd like the Colts to at least be competitive.

You know, they might very well not win a game this season; especially if no one shows up (like in Wk 1).

ONE guy showed up last weekend. Reggie Wayne. ONE! Out of how many?

If they don't show up again, blame the players.

If they continually don't show up...THEN blame the coaching.

No Manning has exposed ALL the flaws this team has. Every single one of them. And it's stuff that anyone who has looked at the team seriously KNEW was wrong. Manning's presence and play has, for the most part, covered and/or mitigated these flaws.

The above is happening at the exact same time that many more folks are really questioning (and rightly so, IMO) Polian's recent draft history. How many FIRST ROUNDERS are busts?

There's a right big excuse for whatever poor record they earn this season, it's how the organization LEARNS and goes into the future that'll be telling.

-J-

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Collins is at best a 50% pass completion QB. What do the Colts expect with his 16 year history? Collins was never a great QB and he is worse now than ever. They should have went after a top QB, because the odds are that Manning will never be back.

And which "top QB" would that have been?

Think that a team can just pick up the phone and offer someone a job?

HAH!

-J-

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    I like the 10-6 prediction. i also agree that the team morale is down because of peytons absence. but once they get over that i think our talent wil show....go colts

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    The ESPN Power Rankings shot us from #9 pre-season to #23 now...

I still think once Collins finds his footing and timing with the team, we'll be alright. Not great, not fantastic, but alright.

<grumbles>... gotta get me a Touchdown Monkey...

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The ESPN Power Rankings shot us from #9 pre-season to #23 now...

I still think once Collins finds his footing and timing with the team, we'll be alright. Not great, not fantastic, but alright.

<grumbles>... gotta get me a Touchdown Monkey...

What's that?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Ah gotcha.... I will say this, if the Colts go 3 or 4 games under .500, I'm pulling out a paper bag a la "The 'Aints".... cept I'll call it it the "Dolts"

aints.jpg

T-Mann

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Michiana Area
    Hmmm.....not gonna give up on them yet. As a Colts/Lions fan.....I never gave up on the Lions so why would I on the Colts? I predict 8-8, 9-7 if we're lucky. And you know what, without Manning and Sanders, I'm okay with that. At some point we have to prepare for the post-Manning years. He doesn't have THAT long left.....if he comes back.

Maybe the Lions will go all the way this year! :D

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I've never considered myself a "Colts fan" other than rooting for them simply as the home team. Hopefully they will be able to pull out some wins this year but sub .500 looks like a decent bet.

Top Bottom