Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    :ingo: 2010 Rim Fire / Long Range Event :ingo:

Date: Sunday, March 14, 2010

Time: 11:00 AM

Location: Zip Code 47353 (Actual Address will be sent via PM)

Contact Information: Dave (Militarypol21) 317.658.3371

This event is full, please check back for future events.

RimFire Shooting Order :
    1. Darklight - Turnandshoot4 (Ruger 10/22)
    2. AirbornePFC - 42679vette (CZ 452)
    3. IndyGunworks - Litlratt (CZ452)
    4. Litlratt - IndyGunworks (Ruger 10/22)
    5. Turnandshoot4 - Darklight (Ruger 10/22)
    6. Militarypol21 - JsHarmon7 (.17HMR)
    7. Lewisjt - Sandman (Ruger 10/22)
    8. JsHarmon7 - Militarypol21 (.22LR)
    9. Sandman - Lewisjt (Ruger 10/22)
    10. 42769vette - AirbornePFC (.22MAG)
    11. 40calpunisher - AllenM (.22MAG)
    12. Mrw - Daughter (.22LR or .22MAG)

Long Range Shooting Order :
    1. Lewisjt - Sandman (308 or AR223)
    2. M107 - AllenM (308)
    3. Darklight - Turnandshoot4 (308)
    4. Turnandshoot4 - Darklight (308)
    5. IndyGunworks - Litlratt (AR15)
    6. Litlratt - IndyGunworks (AR15)
    7. AllenM - M107 (308)
    8. Sandman - Lewisjt (308 or AR223)

Pitch-in Lunch :

• IndyGunworks – Chips
    • Turnandshoot4 – Chips
    • JsHarmon7 - Plates, Cups, and Plastic-ware
    • Litlratt- Case of Cokes
    • Militarypol21- Case of Cokes
    • Lewisjt & Sandman – 2lb. Cold cuts and 2 loafs of bread
    • M107- Cookies or Cake
    • Darklight- Open for ideas

Items to Bring :

• Yourself
    • Your Firearm
    • Your Ammo
    • Binoculars and/or Spotting Scope
    • Eyewear & Hearing Protection
    • Paper targets for Pre-Zeroing

Additional Information

At 11:00AM, we will conduct the safety briefing and shortly after we will eat and call the Zeroing Range Hot for those that wish to use it. It will remain Hot for approximately 30-60min. depending on how many shooters need to zero.

In case of rain we still plan on shooting. We will move the firing line to inside the barn that is on the property. The only downfall is, depending on the amount of rain/mud, the Long Range Event will either need to be moved to 500 yards or closer or may even be canceled depending on weather.

42769Vette is also giving us access to an ATV and UTV, along with multiple 4x4 trucks to hall people to and from the targets when needed.

Depending on the amount of time we have left after the events, we may throw in a little competition into the mix. We have a couple ideas to throw out there.Everyone is encouraged to bring handguns or any other gun that is on the approved list, but these are to remain secured until after the events are complete. After all the events are complete there will be plenty of time to show, tell, and shoot these if you wish at some random items that will be provided downrange. Once again, this is ONLY after the events have taken place.

Litlratt along with IndyGunworks will also be participating at this event and are known by many for their Long Range expertise. I'm hoping this event is just as much educational as it is fun. Take the time to learn a few tips from these guys along with other members, and have an all around good time!

Rim Fire Event #1
    This event will not be timed but there will be a "to be determined" stopping point for each shooter. We figured many of you don't have the option to shoot at distances like these so why should we rush you through the event. Take your time and hit your targets! The targets for this event will still be multicolored large balloons at 50, 100, and 150 Yards. We may also throw in some steel plates as well.

Rim Fire Event #2
    This event will not be timed but there will be a "to be determined" stopping point for each shooter. Take your time and hit the targets! These targets will be small golf balls hanging from a string. They will be at 50 and 75 yards. These will most likely be moving in the wind so you will need to adjust for that. The yardage is a lot closer because the targets are a lot smaller.

Long Range Event #1
    This event will not be timed but there will be a "to be determined" stopping point for each shooter. Steel targets will be placed at 500, 600, 650, 700 yards. I may also place random balloons out on this range for you to determine your own distance.

"I'd Like to thank everyone for their interest, planning, and set-up for this event with the hopes of more events of this type happening in the future! I hope everyone has a good time, learns something new, and meets new INGOers along the way :patriot:."

reposting the OP so i dont have to keep going back to the first page.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    figures. i find the ammo my gun likes, sight it in and get a decent dope on the rifle,ammo combo but use all the ammo i have. now my ammo is mia. noone has it. until tonight i thought cabelas had it in stock but were alot more expensive. so i decided to just bite the bullet and buy from cabelas. only to find out they are and have been out of stock, they just dont tell you until you add it to your cart. its a little late to start from scratch with ammo your gun doesn't like but its pretty much my only option as of now:xmad:

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    figures. i find the ammo my gun likes, sight it in and get a decent dope on the rifle,ammo combo but use all the ammo i have. now my ammo is mia. noone has it. until tonight i thought cabelas had it in stock but were alot more expensive. so i decided to just bite the bullet and buy from cabelas. only to find out they are and have been out of stock, they just dont tell you until you add it to your cart. its a little late to start from scratch with ammo your gun doesn't like but its pretty much my only option as of now:xmad:

after about 6 hours of searching i posted this. then found it:rockwoot:

not cheap but in stock

Post Whore

Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN

I just stocked up on 150 rounds of 17 HMR the only problem is I have 2- 5 round mags... there's gonna be a lot of reloading unless I can come it with some more soon!!

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    just just scored 3 10 round mags for my cz :rockwoot:

Psh! I've got a 25 round mag for mine!
    sterb323.gif

Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    Went out and saw the range today and was able to put a few rounds downrange. Looks to be an excellent place, with some fun times to come. Let's all pray for warm weather and no wind for the day of the shoot!! Looking forward to seeing you all there! The address and directions will be PMed to you after the first of March.

acetylcholine

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    C'mon, hurry up and do this already! I want to see video and results. :ar15: Still no chance anyone else can come watch? I should rent an aircraft and come take some aerial footage. hmm...

I wonder what the FAA would say about shooting from an airborne platform. That has to be a bad idea :D Forget i mentioned it.

Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    Address & Directions

The address has been PMed to all attendees on the RSVP List (minus a few of you that already know how to get there). Please check to make sure you have received the PM and contact me with any issues and/or questions. If you are not on the RSVP Shooting List but were given permission to watch only, the address will be PMed to you shortly.

If you are not on the RSVP Shooting List and have not been told you may attend to watch, please do not contact any member on the RSVP List as they will not give out the location of the shoot per security reasons. If any members try to contact you, please PM me with their member name and/or refer them to contact me.

Looking forward to meeting each of you in 2 weeks :rockwoot:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom