• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    I ordered me a couple the other day,It'll be fun to play around with. Does anyone have any experience with one. They look like they can reach out to the stars. I watched a guy light matches with one and it would pop ballons at around 20 feet.
    Looks like there gonna be the same size as a Surefire flash light,might mount one to an AR .
    They looked cool and I have other uses for them,Everyone at the Astronomy Club has them,thats what the main purpose of them will be.

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    pretty sure you can't buy anything over 5mw these days.

I bought a couple 200 mW. There alot cheaper ,now days than they use to be. They are awesome,got them last night,They look like they can touch the stars. Might not be legal,but they sell them all over the internet.
    Like i said ,most people in our Astronomy Club use them to point out stars or planets to new comers. Finally broke down and bought me and the wife our own.

Talk about a good laser sight for a gun.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Please be very careful. Cheap powerful laser pointers sometimes don't have filters to cut out the invisible infrared laser light. Visible laser light can be damaging enough, but at least you will tend to close your eyes when you're getting hit by it (not that doing so is always enough to save you). Invisible laser radiation of sufficient power can be just as damaging, and you won't know its happening. Cheap lasers can be putting out both the visible and invisible light, and careless aiming can cause both to be reflected back at you.

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana

Snuffy,You belong to a club? I just joined Louisvilles Astrology Club. I bought another telescope last year, and they meet down the road from me,so I figured ,they could teach me a few things.Plus they have a 16 in Reflector I get to use.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    jeremy is not allowed to use Laser Pointers unless in an official capacity...
    Something about using them to activate Chaff dispensers on Aircraft in the CZ...

Top Bottom