• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Osobuco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    Got a good deal on the Fiocchi .380 ammo. Having never shot this brand before I was pleasantly surpised how clean, accurate and well made it is. The brass is perfect. :yesway:

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    I've been wanting to try their .223 with the V-MAX. The price of it in 50 rd. boxes at Cabela's is cheaper than the 20 rd. boxes of Hornady. My Stevens 200 Coyote Wacker shoots the Hornady stuff into cloverleafs at 100. I might try some or I'll be reloading the V-MAX for the .223.

Quad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    For some reason it seems that Fiocci has somewhat of a bad rep, as far as what I've heard people say about it. But I've used their JHP's in my carry LCP and they shoot great! For the price I say that they are a good buy!

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    I've been wanting to try their .223 with the V-MAX. The price of it in 50 rd. boxes at Cabela's is cheaper than the 20 rd. boxes of Hornady. My Stevens 200 Coyote Wacker shoots the Hornady stuff into cloverleafs at 100. I might try some or I'll be reloading the V-MAX for the .223.

They are a fun, destructive round, on soft targets; they leave gaping holes in pumpkins, and vaporize grapefruits.

I've bought this ammo a couple times, and both times, it came in twenty round boxes. It usually runs $9 or $10 per 20, which is the best you'll find premium .223 for.

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    112   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    I've heard that some of their 380 ammo was slightly over-length and would not fit in all mags. But I've never tried it myself.

I love their truncated cone fmj 9mm luger though! :D Very accurate and powerful feeling

Quad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I've heard that some of their 380 ammo was slightly over-length and would not fit in all mags. But I've never tried it myself.

I love their truncated cone fmj 9mm luger though! :D Very accurate and powerful feeling

I've actually seen a YouTube video where someone points out the fact that their .380 rounds were slightly longer than traditional rounds from other makers. But that video was from a couple years ago, so they could have addressed the problem by now.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Got a good deal on the Fiocchi .380 ammo. Having never shot this brand before I was pleasantly surpised how clean, accurate and well made it is. The brass is perfect. :yesway:
    I have my LCP loaded up with Fiocchi 90 grain JHP right now. I get it fairly cheap here and it does well for me.:D

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    I picked some up .40S&W 165gr on sale, and had my aprehensions about it since I hadn't heard much about them. I really like it, so I went back and picked up a few more boxes just for use at the range.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I have ran somewhere around 500 rounds of their .380 ball through my lcp without a problem.

I just picked up 500 more rounds of .45acp at the Bloomington MC Sports. All their Fiocchi handgun ammo is $5.00 per box off regular price. We ran +500 rounds of it through my XDM without a hiccup this weekend, so I had to get more.

westfork

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Ellettsville
    i am also a fan of fiocchi ammo. i've shot .22lr, .223, .380, .308, and .40.

never had a problem, shoots clean, accurate enough for me.

also note that their .22lr copper coated stuff shoots just as well as cci minimag in my opinion.

:yesway:

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    ....I just picked up 500 more rounds of .45acp at the Bloomington MC Sports. All their Fiocchi handgun ammo is $5.00 per box off regular price. We ran +500 rounds of it through my XDM without a hiccup this weekend, so I had to get more.

Hey, that's where I got mine too! :rockwoot:

The .40cal was down to $15 a box for a little while there, now it is back up to $18. (reg $23)

philo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Peoples Republic of Bloomington
    I've shot 1000's of rounds of Fiocchi .45 over the past several years. I was always happy with the performance of this cheap (inexpensive) off the shelf ammo. Last summer I had a single box with 7 bad primers; It got very frustrating. The per-round-price is not as low if they don't all work.

I'll probably buy it again for target shooting, but I won't trust it for SD ammo.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS

I've shot their match grade .22 rimfire ammo for years, in competition. Had a Remmy 37 that just loved the brand. Excellent, in the right barrels... :yesway:

The rimfire stuff is still made in Italy.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Here is what I heard about Fiocchi ammo, and why people think poorly of them. They arew a well established Itailian firm who wanted to make ammo in the USA. They contracted a small independent ammo maker (maybe in Georga) who had some quality issues, and they shut down that contract. Now they are making ammo in another facility and the quality is very good, but that short time of junky ammo hurt their name. I have shot a lot of it in trap shooting and pistol shooting, and it has all been very good. Their low recoil 1-1/16th oz (not a typo) 12 gauge ammo does a great job all the way to the far line. I think you can buy it with confidence

Top Bottom