• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jake226

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 7, 2012
    Bloomington
    Just purchased my first can! Rugged Obsidian, going to be used on a USP Tactical. Pretty excited about it. One problem though....at the time I was chomping at the bit and just had to get one. I placed an order with a shop in Texas and got them my dealers info on Thursday. Form 3 was filed Friday...going to be a long wait. The worst part? Friday after the paperwork had been submitted I got a call from Acme in Seymore and they said they could get me one! And for 100$ less! I feel like an idiot. All I had to do was cool it for two days and I could have bought locally and avoided the form 3 extended wait time. Doh!

PSA...Acme Sports can probably find you an Obsidian if you are looking.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Are you looking to beat the 41F? From 3 has been a train wreck recently, I'm still waiting on mine submitted on March 7th. Over 9 weeks so far still not approved.

Nicu757

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 2, 2013
    Brownsburg
    That sucks!!! I always call every dealer in the state to find what im looking for especially with form 3 night mare. I actually just bought my GM-9 from acme and its 100 miles away. I did the same thing with my sparrow last year. If the shop in Texas efiled the form 3 then they should able to cancel it. They may not tell you they can but I would call the ATF and ask its worth it!!!!

dave29

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Lawrenceburg
    Are you looking to beat the 41F? From 3 has been a train wreck recently, I'm still waiting on mine submitted on March 7th. Over 9 weeks so far still not approved.

I have form 3's still processing since February. Just get the serials and have your NFA dealer submit a form 4.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    OP, Your SOT is not supposed to file the Form 4 before physically received the firearm, but many of them do. Good luck.

Jake226

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 7, 2012
    Bloomington
    Yeah, I considered asking him to cancel it but I've always been of the mind set that I stick to my word. I told him I'd buy it. He's kept up his end so far. So I think I'll just have to deal with the outcome. Rest assured next time I'll be doing my due diligence. I plan on making a couple more purchases in the next month or so...will def. be going through acme for those. Live and learn I suppose. First, I'm going to try to snag a 7.62 silencer from them and then another pistol silencer. They quoted me a killer price on the obsidian so I'm kind of considering getting another one through them. What do you think? Dumb to have two of the same? I'm torn between that or a GM 9 for my second pistol silencer. (Trying to beat 41f with all three submissions)

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    I just had a form 3 go through in just over 3 months. It sucks.... As for buying local vs dealing with a form 3, you can only make decisions based on the info you have at the time. Cant beat yourself up over it.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Other than dealer in-stock items, the Only other place guaranties 41F is Silencershop using their Powered-By SS network of dealers. you still pay sales tax but no transfer fee. the only time you need to go to the local shop is when you pick it up after Form4 approval.

We Guarantee It : ATF 41F Deadline

ACME is a good to good. I bought the AAC Ti-Rant 45M from them, they matched SS price and they had it on the shelf, straight Form 4.

I assume you bought it from Capital Armory?

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    They quoted me a killer price on the obsidian so I'm kind of considering getting another one through them. What do you think? Dumb to have two of the same? I'm torn between that or a GM 9 for my second pistol silencer. (Trying to beat 41f with all three submissions)

Midwest in Clearmont(west side of Indy) has Silencerco Osprey 45 for $669

Nicu757

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 2, 2013
    Brownsburg
    I know ACME has one more GM-9 in stock or they did on Monday. When I called and bought mine they said they had two. I feel for you man also understanding having to do the right thing. A man is only as good as his word and actions there after.

Jake226

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 7, 2012
    Bloomington
    I know ACME has one more GM-9 in stock or they did on Monday. When I called and bought mine they said they had two. I feel for you man also understanding having to do the right thing. A man is only as good as his word and actions there after.

Think I'm going to try to get a Rugged surge from Acme next week if they can swing it. Probably see what other pistol can options are from them at that time. Thanks for the advice guys. No matter what I'm pretty excited to finally be moving towards some class three fun.

Top Bottom