Please reply by conversation.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I have this listed on FB Marketplace and a Cherokee forum but thought I'd put it here also in case any INGOERs might be looking.

I have done too much to list but I do have a Word document that I recorded my progress that, while not 100%, will provide much more data than what one would normally find when buying a used vehicle.

I am fairly meticulous going well beyond what a typical mechanic would do, whether a pro or a DIY'er in the work I do.

This Jeep does not have any rust nor has it had any in the past. It is a Texas vehicle so it is clean in all the areas that are typically prone to rust.

The bad, is that as clean as it is, most of the body has numerous dents, dings and scratches. I thought about restoring the body but I knew I would be freaking out whenever I parked it in public location. Not to mention that if I wanted to do some off-roading, again I'd be concerned. So I polished it up real nice and left the "patina".

I will add a few pics here but I have ton's so I can send a pic of anything you want to look at. Better yet, come on over and look it over in person. That is much better than trying to decide through pictures.

I'm not sure how it will go on the two other places I have it listed, so I will be sure to close this if it is not available anymore.

This would be a great vehicle to use as is and drive it or an excellent base for an off-roader. You won't have to deal with the typical rusty hardware(or panels!) making this a joy to work on.

A few details:

1999 Sport 4X4
    4.0L six cylinder
    Auto Trans
    Factory LSD
    Up Country (clone) suspension package
    PS, PB, AC, Cruise, PW, PDL
    Towing package
    Aux trans cooler
    Upgraded battery cable system
    Upgraded headlight wiring
    New Kicker speakers(OEM radio really doesn't work so a new head unit should be installed)
    Clean interior
    195,000 miles
    Approximately $10,000 invested, not including my time. You would be hard pressed to find one done this well for the money I'm asking and if you got one in the condition it was in when I purchased it, you would not be able to replicate it anymore for the money I put in it. It would cost you more today. Plus you would have the countless hours to invest taking you away from precious range time!

Left Front.jpg Dashboard.jpg Engine.jpg Front Diff.jpg

Last edited:
    Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom