• Status
    Please reply by conversation.

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    After much debate and pain, I have decided to see if I can get a bite on the mustang. I have looked for one like this for years, but due to a recent knee injury the clutch is making this fun car anywhere from uncomfortable to downright painful to drive.

Here's the car:
    p8jsC9g.jpg

1988 Mustang GT, last of the T-tops. Rust free California transplant. Has only 93,000 actual miles on it. It is not a perfect car, but it is a damn good unrestored original car.

It does have issues, however. Unlike some, I will tell you everything I know. The bad:

Needs a stereo and speakers
    kick panel driver's side
    needs a dimmer switch (100 bucks new)
    Needs a headliner (100 new)
    Headlights are foggy, but have purchased a pair of new one piece composites that go along with car.
    Foglights/driving lights don't work on driver's side, needs rewired.
    Steering wheel has been broken and taped up by previous owner. I have a Grant wheel I was going to put on, but the installation kit was backordered.
    The interior light was removed by PO. Is hasn't been an issue with me, so I just left it.
    The interior is not stained or tore up at all, though some of the small trim pieces need to be put back on. They are all there, though.
    It has what I call a 20 foot paint job, in that it looks pretty decent from that far out. As you get closer you see all the small blemishes. Not bad for original paint, though!

The GOOD:
    Edelbrock high performance intake
    Tremec 3550 5-speed
    BBK Hi performance clutch
    Aluminum radiator
    Electric fan upgrade, with electric temperature switch
    new 180 deg thermostat
    Saleen rear spoiler
    H-pipe exhaust
    25th Anniversary dash emblem

Zg1voH8.jpg

TsTIBUL.jpg

I would suggest replacing the weather stripping, because even though it does not leak, it is 25 years old. There are kits that can be bought from American Muscle or Late Model Restoration or Mustangs Unlimited that will have all new stripping. This car is now a collector's item, and the value is going up and will only continue to do so. I average 24 mpg on the highway doing 75 or so, and if I keep my foot out of it and behave have gotten as high as 26. I have toyed with the idea of keeping this and putting an automatic in it, and if it doesn't sell that is exactly what I will do, but I would rather keep it intact and sell it to someone who can appreciate it. Again, this was the absolute last year for a T-top Mustang, they do lock and I do have the key for them. It was built in September of 1987, so it has the 25th Anniversary running horse on the dash. I am only asking $4500 for INGO members, which means I am now losing money on the deal, but trying to give this car to someone who will appreciate it. Located in Marion, IN. I will put it up here for couple of weeks to give you guys first shot before I start putting it onto other sites and forums.

Cash is definitely my preference, but I would be open to some trades. Worse I can say is no thanks. I will say I am not interested in anything older than this or with a four cylinder in it. Obviously, it has to be an automatic due to my knee, and I would like it to be rust free and with lowish miles and comparable MPG as well. Spread the word, I'm sure there is someone here who will want and appreciate this. This car gets compliments and thumbs up everywhere I go. I hate to get rid of her after looking for so long, but my loss is your gain! :ingo:

Sold!:rockwoot:

Last edited by a moderator:

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    Weekend Bumpage for the last of the T-top Mustangs. Drove this the other day in the storms, nary a drop leaked from the t-tops.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom