• Status
    Please reply by conversation.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    [FONT=&amp] I've got a beautiful old truck that has turned into a garage queen. I just don't have the time to drive it and keep it up as I should. It needs to be driven and taken care of by someone who'll appreciate what Ford quality is all about. It's been kept in a garage for all but a couple of years when it was my daily driver as a student at IU Bloomington. This truck started life as a special order from the factory--the 1972 "tow package" including auxiliary cooling for the transmission, the biggest engine my folks could get in the truck at the time, and factory air conditioning (quite the big deal back then in a truck!); it went from the dealership to a welding shop where a Reese hitch was welded in. This truck used to tow a 31 foot Traveler camping trailer as if it wasn't even there. It got about 14mpg when new; after all this time, it now gets about 8-9mpg. The details below highlight the good and the bad, but I've never thought of this old truck as being ugly...

Mileage: 91,500 (yes, that is the real number; the odometer has never been tampered with)
    Original 360 cubic inch 8 cylinder engine
    Factory 2-tone green paint; very little rust on body
    Shell on bed included
    Two fuel tanks (main tank behind seat in cab is new; aux tank under belly is full of VERY old gas, should be drained)
    Holly performance carb installed; original carb included
    Factory A/C equipped (needs recharge)
    Runs well; knock on one lifter
    Brakes and tires good as new, <500 miles on both
    Interior in excellent condition[/FONT]

Asking $6000 OBO
    The truck is currently being kept in a garage on Indy's NE side (won't fit in mine!); would need to meet there to see it in person...

PM me with any questions and I'll be happy to answer 'em all!

Last edited:
    Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom