• Status
    Please reply by conversation.

ZgGlock88

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Indyish
    Posting for a friend and this is the story on this 1946.

I have a project that I do not have time or money for right now and it needs a great home for a restoration. I came across a 1946 Willys CJ-2A with a clean Indiana title. I couldn't risk that it would end up in a scrap yard so now it sits rescued in my drive way.

It is a civilian model jeep but I was told that it was originally purchased new by Camp Atterbury for base use. From here a farmer bought it and drove it then parked it in a hog field. The guy I got it from picked it up from him. So presumably it has never been owned out of state or possibly never even left the state.

The serial number from my research on the body tells me it was one of the first 7,000 made in 1946. The body is mostly solid with very easy patch work to be done with a clean title. The frame is bad, no hiding it needs replaced. The original engine was cracked in four spots when the guy I got it from bought it. It was unfortunately scrapped and a 2.9 Ford V6 & Trans was installed (does turn over with wrench). I do have what I believe to be the original Willys transmission. The guy did give me a ton of parts, some can be cleaned and reused some are for mock up or fab measurements only. Does have what he told me was an accessory hitch, the original radiator, original horn, original steering wheel and a whole pile of other pieces including the hood latches etc.

I would like to sell this for $1500.00 or best offer. I DO NOT have to sell it, I can fit it in the back of the garage or hang the body from my rafters until I have time for it. I am open to firearms & related items as a trade or partial trade, ONLY vehicles trade considered would be 1960's or early 1970's muscle cars.

Email me at metalmanllc@outlook.com.

IMG_0153_zps8203918b.png
    IMG_0154_zps47276c33.png
    IMG_0155_zps3ceae074.png

Last edited:

ZgGlock88

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Indyish
    Seriously will consider all trades! Throw it at me! I would love to have this gone by MONDAY!

Weekend price drop to $1150 OBO or trade or trade plus cash!!

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom