• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    You should give them a watch IMO. We like the series, but I just watched episode 5 last night and I'll admit (without giving too much away) that I had to fast forward through some of the more violent scenes revolving around the Indian girl and the "Indian school". Catholics may be offended. I just couldn't watch.
    I do not enjoy that storyline either. I believe that is the the chairman’s mother…

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Some excellent written observations:

"I think cities have weakened us as a species. Mistakes have no consequences there. Step into the road without looking, and the carriage merely stops or swerves. The only consequence, an angry driver. But here, there can be no mistakes because here doesn't care. The river doesn't care if you can swim. The snake doesn't care how much you love your children, and the wolf has no interest in your dreams. If you fail to beat the current, you will drown. If you get too close, you will be bitten. If you are too weak, you will be eaten."

"The land of no consequences behind us, we are in the land of no mercy now."

Quite the statement on this ******* society that exists these days.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Some excellent written observations:

"I think cities have weakened us as a species. Mistakes have no consequences there. Step into the road without looking, and the carriage merely stops or swerves. The only consequence, an angry driver. But here, there can be no mistakes because here doesn't care. The river doesn't care if you can swim. The snake doesn't care how much you love your children, and the wolf has no interest in your dreams. If you fail to beat the current, you will drown. If you get too close, you will be bitten. If you are too weak, you will be eaten."

"The land of no consequences behind us, we are in the land of no mercy now."

Quite the statement on this ******* society that exists these days.
    Around here people FAFO doing dumb crap all the time. "The river doesn't care if you can swim"? Well Tyrone don't care if you're bulletproof and Karen don't care if your head can stop the bumper of her Durango.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Around here people FAFO doing dumb crap all the time. "The river doesn't care if you can swim"? Well Tyrone don't care if you're bulletproof and Karen don't care if your head can stop the bumper of her Durango.
    Tyrone and Karen can walk straight through the gates of Hell hand in hand.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    That only happens to other people…

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'm normally not much for romance, but I think I have fallen for Spencer's new wife. :wwub:

I hope they don't kill her off...
    She reminds me of my cousin Margie when she was younger. (Her face and hair. I never saw her naked. :): )

We're getting ready to watch last night's episode this evening.

Grogmister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    No spoiler or anything but episode 7 probably won’t win over the catholic viewer. It IMO has really started to get good. First episodes were tough to get through.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    No spoiler or anything but episode 7 probably won’t win over the catholic viewer. It IMO has really started to get good. First episodes were tough to get through.

I wonder how historically correct 1923 is in portraying the Catholics in reference to how they treated the Native Americans?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    We were leaving Texas, entering the Indian territory and redefining our meaning of unknown. Far from the cities that have paved the world away, and the farms which had turned it into a resource. We were no longer under the cloud of civilization. Only sky above us now. No more walking over bridges. Out here, we swim horseback through rivers. There is nowhere to chain love to vows and ceremony. Out here, love burns through you like a fever. And when the devil comes to strip that love from you, there is no funeral or song or speeches that dull our senses and deaden our hearts. Out here, you turn towards the pain as it tears into you. And you let it. When you do, the devil gets bored. He sees another soul to eat.

And you get to live again.

Top Bottom