• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cowboy1629

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    West Central Indiana
    Snapped a picture of some of my favorite 1911's today.

SDC10338.jpg

From (top center) clockwise... My newest addition Wilson Combat Tactical Supergrade Professional, Colt Special Combat Government, Ed Brown Special Forces Carry, (bottom center) Para -Ordnance P14-45 Limited, Colt Series 80 Lightweight Commander, Les Baer Thunder Ranch Special, (center) Kimber Ultra CDP II w/Crimson Trace.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Why does any person need so many 1911's?! :dunno: You have a wonderful collection. :yesway:

trophyhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 2, 2008
    South Bend
    What a fantastic collection you have! I love the 1911 platform, Iv'e tried owning just about every design and caliber made in quality firearms in my time and the 1911 is the one that get's the nod every time. The way it carries, the way it points and the accuracy year after year keep me coming back.

Cowboy1629

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    West Central Indiana
    Outstanding collection. I have been eyeing a Thunder Ranch myself. What do you think of it compared to the rest of your collection?

The Thunder Ranch Special is an outstanding gun. Very tight and accurate. If I had to compare the TRS to the Wilson or Brown I would have to say the TRS is a TANK. It is able to shoot any ammo that I have ever put through it without any complaints. The finish may not be of the same quality as the Brown or Wilson but it is better than most guns on the market. The TRS comes with the slim grips which I wasn't sure I would like and planed on changing them out to regular thickness grips but to tell the truth I kind of like the thin grips. It's safe to say I wont be trading the Thunder Ranch Special. If you are thinking about getting one I'm sure you will be extremely satisfied. :yesway:

Cowboy1629

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    West Central Indiana
    You Sir have fine taste in sidearms! I would have a damn hard time deciding what to carry with that collection! Dare i ask which you prefer?

My primary carry gun in the summer is the Kimber since it is so small and light I can easily conceal it while wearing shorts and a t-shirt. In winter months I carry something a little bigger such as the Brown. The Colt is my retired daily carry gun that now resides in my vehicle as a backup. I just picked up the Wilson and have been carrying it this past week. It is a very nice gun but it actually weighs more than my full size 1911's. I think my next major purchase will be another Wilson but compact size in the lightweight alloy frame.

Eulogy32

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    Carmel, Indiana
    I think you would love a CCO style 1911. I recently got a Colt CCO and it is the perfect setup for carry. Commander slide on an officer's frame. All of the manufacturers that you currently own make their respective versions.

Top Bottom