• ...and so much more!
  • modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    Woman says she killed robber with his own gun
    YouTube - No Charges After Teen Shot During Munhall Robbery Attempt News Video

Here is an article about a 17 year old boy that tried to rob a woman at gunpoint and ended up being killed by his own gun. This is not the first article I read, but a different news clip I saw (unable to locate now, link not provided) showed his picture with the caption "Shooting Victim" under his pic. I scoffed when I saw what they had written. Victim? It's terrible, and 100% avoidable. I found myself thinking that the whole time he toted that gun, he never thought he was the one that was going to get killed by it.

As quick as this board is to report things someone else has probably already posted this article. If so, my apologies.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    He forgot a fundamental rule of safe firearms handling.

"NEVER look down the barrel of your own loaded gun"!

patton487

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Sad to see a 17 year old involved in an armed robbery and get himself killed. I lay his death directly on the parents that raised him, not the woman who was forced to defend herself. I'm glad the woman survived, but no one wins.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I lay his death directly on the parents that raised him, not the woman who was forced to defend herself. I'm glad the woman survived, but no one wins.
    Unfortunately, his parents DIDN'T raise him, but rather a public school system. That's who I blame, PTOs, public schools and a society where both parents are forced to work in order to keep up with the debt they purchase.

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    I'm glad the woman survived, but no one wins.
    ARE YOU KIDDING?!!

Read the scoreboard: Woman - 1, Dirtbag Kid - 0

Woman wins! Society wins!

Unfortunately, the Brady Campaign is already adding this case to their, "Gun owners likely to have their gun used against them." statistic.

Brett244

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    Plainfield
    Really.... That boy made his own decision.. Schools didn't teach him to go try to rob some lady, pto's have nothing to do with it... Thats his own decision, and it put him where he is now. He put a gun to someones head and it ended up right back at him. How it should be!

I will say I find it sad the boy never got a second chance to learn from his actions..

Last edited:

bman1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    Huntington, Indiana
    Really.... That boy made his own decision.. Schools didn't teach him to go try to rob some lady, pto's have nothing to do with it... Thats his own decision, and it put him where he is now. He put a gun to someones head and it ended up right back at him. How it should be!

I will say I find it sad the boy never got a second chance to learn from his actions..

Exactly!

mhs

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Doesn't it go back to

Unfortunately, his parents DIDN'T raise him, but rather a public school system. That's who I blame, PTOs, public schools and a society where both parents are forced to work in order to keep up with the debt they purchase.

whose choice it was to purchase that debt?

modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    whose choice it was to purchase that debt?
    Last week I was at the cable company office exchanging a problem cable box and I saw a couple discussing their bill with the woman behind the counter. She said their bill was $150 for the month. They paid the $86 required to keep it turned on and forwarded the balance. I remember thinking how pathetic that was. If they couldn't afford to pay it all at once, then they couldn't afford it at all. The lady behind them had to split the bill up between cash and a debit card. Debt is like a milestone around a person's neck. There is good debt and bad debt. Home loan and college loan= good debt. Pizzas and cable=bad debt. Putting a new handgun on your credit card=acceptable debt. ;)

Last edited:

quicksdraw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    Eastern In.
    Sad to see a 17 year old involved in an armed robbery and get himself killed. I lay his death directly on the parents that raised him, not the woman who was forced to defend herself. I'm glad the woman survived, but no one wins.

It would have been sad had his chosen victim died. He chose to be a predator and it got him killed. That's poetic justice.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    :crying: Society is to blame,,,oh my. Get real

Personal responsibility was lacking all over the place. Parents??? What parents,,,biological donors more likely. IMO,,,and I may be off base on this, the "Dad" who did not want is 'Identity' to be revealed probably has a bench warrant or two out in his name for non payment of child support or worse, federal charges pending against him.

The only reason "Society" holds any blame in this is because people have not been held accountable for their own actions and welfare for way too long. If I EFF something up, it's up to me to admit it, fix it, and suffer the consequences for it. QED. I teach that to my children, I teach that to my subordinates at work, I taught that to my troops when I served. My parents and grandparents taught that to me.

I see WIN all over this. No second chances for this schmoe. Some lessons are hard to learn. Let his lesson teach is buddies.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    the kitchen

What?!

Apparently noone has chioces anymore. They are all products of their environment.

I'm calling BS. You and those around you have influence on your actions if you and they CHOOSE to.

Top Bottom