• ...and so much more!
  • mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Hello everyone. I have a friend looking for a 10mm woods gun - he has a large parcel of land in black bear country. He wants to stick with a 1911. He loves my Dan Wessons, but doesn't want to spend that much. I see the Springfield Ronin at about $900, and the TRP's at $1500 or $1600. Other than the rail on the TRP, is it that much better finished, or quality parts, to justify the x-tra cash? I know there are other possible brands for him, but this was what I came across on first glance at more modest cost than the Dan Wessons. Any Rugers worth looking at? Any insights or opinions are welcome. Thanks.

theundeadelvis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 3, 2012
    I have a TRP RMR Long slide. Picked it up for $1400 use on GB in perfect condition. Incredible gun for the money. Heck, incredible gun if it had been $2k.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    I love my TRP 10mm but it does have CM and AllenM mojo in it so it's hard not to.

And yes the TRP is worth the extra $$ imho..

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    Ruger under a grand. Mine was $799 2 years ago. I have no complaints Its accurate and I shoot some very warm handloads with no issues at all. Other than the empty brass lands in the next county..lol

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    Did you
    Ruger under a grand. Mine was $799 2 years ago. I have no complaints Its accurate and I shoot some very warm handloads with no issues at all. Other than the empty brass lands in the next county..lol
    look into a stiffer recoil spring? That might keep the brass in a more “recoverable” area. My 2011 Allen built does launch brass when running Sig FMJ.

Eric94

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 6, 2022
    Georgetown
    Hello everyone. I have a friend looking for a 10mm woods gun - he has a large parcel of land in black bear country. He wants to stick with a 1911. He loves my Dan Wessons, but doesn't want to spend that much. I see the Springfield Ronin at about $900, and the TRP's at $1500 or $1600. Other than the rail on the TRP, is it that much better finished, or quality parts, to justify the x-tra cash? I know there are other possible brands for him, but this was what I came across on first glance at more modest cost than the Dan Wessons. Any Rugers worth looking at? Any insights or opinions are welcome. Thanks.

Rock Island Armory makes a 10mm 1911.
    $450 at rural king.
    Nothing fancy, just mil spec.
    Not sure on reliability though.

mark40sw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2015
    Roanoke
    Rock Island Armory makes a 10mm 1911.
    $450 at rural king.
    Nothing fancy, just mil spec.
    Not sure on reliability though.

Have a relative that has that RIA 1911 10mm. He hasnt had any issues with it.

I have the SR1911 in 10mm, as well as other SR1911's in 45 & 9mm with no issues.

Also have several Dan Wessons in 10mm. For knock around carry, I would take the SR1911 or a 10mm glock.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom