• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mmills50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    LEOs take a lot of un-due abuse.
    I would like to thankeach and every one of them for all they do. The other day I was bored at work so I started searching YouTube for (officers last radio call) and got chills after every single one.

For all the LEO haters out there try that with an open heart

So again Thank you LEOS

MODS: I know this is a duplicate post from the break room.
    I ask that you not delete it so it may touch as many LEOs and civilians as possible
    Thank you

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I would like to thankeach and every one of them for all they do. The other day I was bored at work so I started searching YouTube for (officers last radio call) and got chills after every single one.

So again Thank you LEOS

I ask that you not delete it so it may touch as many LEOs and civilians as possible
    Thank you
    It's a good dupe in my opinion, but what do I know

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN

Seems like a morbid thing to do. :dunno: Hell, if I were bored at work, I would just surf INGO. :D

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton

So again Thank you LEOS

Thank you

Holy Cow!!:yesway: I almost fell out of my chair when I read this! Very uncommon around this place it seems.

cowgirl.sdm

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Johnson County

So again Thank you LEOS

Thank you

That is an interesting youtube search, but I do agree that we need to thank the LEO more often. There are so many put downs about the few bad LEO, that we forget that most of them are good people risking their lives for us, and our families.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Thanks indeed to all the solid, rights-protecting LEOs who walk our streets :ingo::patriot: . I hope you get the chance to spit on those who dishonor your profession at some point.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Thanks indeed to all the solid, rights-protecting LEOs who walk our streets :ingo::patriot: . I hope you get the chance to spit on those who dishonor your profession at some point.

Oh you can bet that a LEO that dishonors the profession and his department will find that other LEO's are their worst critics. Once a LEO chooses the dishonorable path they will be kicked to the curb by their brother LEO's faster than probably any other profession. It is permanent too. There is no second chance. It is almost like they died.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Just stop and think for a minute...this is a cliche, but it's true nonetheless: the three most overworked, underpaid, and underappreciated professions in America are those who protect life, limb and property, and those who educate the next generation. Yep, you guessed it: police, firemen, and teachers. And you've got to be a little crazy to dedicate your life to any of those three professions because of the stress, the risk to reputation (What does the media love more than smearing a teacher or a LEO--when one accusation can destroy a lifetime of honest service?? I honestly don't know!), the risk to your own life and limbs--for very little "reward" except a meager paycheck and the sense that you've made the world a slightly better place because you got out of bed that day. How ironic that the overwhelming majority of folks in all three professions care so much about our society that they do this in spite of how people often feel about their professions!! If there really was balance in this world, those three professions would be the highest paid (civilian) professions out there! Seriously though, how many of you that know teachers or cops or firemen--and call them friends--stop to think about how much they give to us, and how much we (society) give to them??

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Just stop and think for a minute...this is a cliche, but it's true nonetheless: the three most overworked, underpaid, and underappreciated professions in America are those who protect life, limb and property, and those who educate the next generation. Yep, you guessed it: police, firemen, and teachers. And you've got to be a little crazy to dedicate your life to any of those three professions because of the stress, the risk to reputation (What does the media love more than smearing a teacher or a LEO--when one accusation can destroy a lifetime of honest service?? I honestly don't know!), the risk to your own life and limbs--for very little "reward" except a meager paycheck and the sense that you've made the world a slightly better place because you got out of bed that day. How ironic that the overwhelming majority of folks in all three professions care so much about our society that they do this in spite of how people often feel about their professions!! If there really was balance in this world, those three professions would be the highest paid (civilian) professions out there! Seriously though, how many of you that know teachers or cops or firemen--and call them friends--stop to think about how much they give to us, and how much we (society) give to them??

I could comment that the number of people technically capable of physically accomplishing those tasks are rather high, setting aside the fact that a government position ought not to pay well in the first place, but I guess that'd kinda kill the mood...
    ;)

cowgirl.sdm

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Johnson County

I could have not said this any better. My mother is a teacher and my brother is on 3 fire departments (one full time, and 2 voluntary). I know both are under paid and unappreciated for how much they do.

Culpepper

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Indiana
    I could comment that the number of people technically capable of physically accomplishing those tasks are rather high, setting aside the fact that a government position ought not to pay well in the first place, but I guess that'd kinda kill the mood...
    ;)

So you are saying soldiers are over paid and "professional" athletes deserve to make more money than those who risk their lives for others they don't even know?

I prefer well paid government employees such as fireman, paramedics, law enforcement and soldiers as they are typically a higher quality employee and perform to higher standards. I also know several fireman and law enforcement officers that make less than a Wal-Mart employee or do it for free because they want to serve their community and make it a safer place. Make sure and remind those reserve policeman and volunteer fireman that you pay their salary and they are over paid. It's a shame all those government employee and volunteers don't have to pay taxes.

I know, they choose to do it, so it's their fault.

cowgirl.sdm

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Johnson County
    So you are saying soldiers are over paid and "professional" athletes deserve to make more money than those who risk their lives for others they don't even know?

I prefer well paid government employees such as fireman, paramedics, law enforcement and soldiers as they are typically a higher quality employee and perform to higher standards. I also know several fireman and law enforcement officers that make less than a Wal-Mart employee or do it for free because they want to serve their community and make it a safer place. Make sure and remind those reserve policeman and volunteer fireman that you pay their salary and they are over paid. It's a shame all those government employee and volunteers don't have to pay taxes.

I know, they choose to do it, so it's their fault.

My father is a veteran so I also respect the men in the service. I do know that they tend to start out making more though. :twocents:

Top Bottom