• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • samwathegreat

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Hi guys

I recall having seen a couple places / individuals that do FFL transfers for around $10 in the Indy area. Can someone refer me to a person or shop with these rates?

Thanks

blurr95

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Check with Andrew at Profire Arms. I think he has an even better deal going then that. He is in Indy in a new shop.

Jason

samwathegreat

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Thanks Jason,

I'll ask to see if he has a sweet deal, but their website shows $25 transfer per item, but only $20 for INGO members. Was hoping to do a little better since I ordered a very cheap gun and don't want to have 15% of the purchase price wrapped up in transfer fees.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Profire is going to do $5 transfers if you buy a box of ammo at the same time. He has to wait on his FFL to get transferred before he can start doing it though.

Papa

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Ohio
    My uncle will do them for $20 he lives on crumstown highway near South Bend if anyone's interested I can hook you up with his info.

samwathegreat

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    UPDATE: I talked to Andrew @ Profire, and he is offering what I would consider an excellent deal. If you buy at least one box of "Redstar Ammo" (his brand), he will do your transfer for a whopping $5!

I've already sent his FFL to the company I purchased from. If you're interested, a copy of his FFL can be found on their website www.profiresuppy.com . All I had to do was save it as an image file, and email it to my seller.

Just FYI, I forgot to ask Andrew, but I think that the Redstar ammo MAY be reloads? Its considerably cheaper than store-bought ammo. Someone care to comment?

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    :popcorn:
    UPDATE: I talked to Andrew @ Profire, and he is offering what I would consider an excellent deal. If you buy at least one box of "Redstar Ammo" (his brand), he will do your transfer for a whopping $5!

I've already sent his FFL to the company I purchased from. If you're interested, a copy of his FFL can be found on their website www.profiresuppy.com . All I had to do was save it as an image file, and email it to my seller.

Just FYI, I forgot to ask Andrew, but I think that the Redstar ammo MAY be reloads? Its considerably cheaper than store-bought ammo. Someone care to comment?

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    so i've wondered, are there costs for a dealer running a 4473 or are we just paying them for their time?

Your paying them because they are offering a service so you can own the gun that you otherwise would not have been able to get as cheap as you got it.

They are also charging that because they have to stay in business because people order the guns offline instead of from their store.

donballz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    Your paying them because they are offering a service so you can own the gun that you otherwise would not have been able to get as cheap as you got it.

They are also charging that because they have to stay in business because people order the guns offline instead of from their store.
    I'm not complaining about it, I was just curious.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana

Depends on what you buy. You may be getting brand new ammo, you may be getting remanufactured ammo from once fired police range brass that has been professionally cleaned, roll-sized, inspected, and loaded by hand on a Dillion Super 1050 by the most conscientious and particular ammo manufacturer in Central Indiana.

Top Bottom