• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 99zhuggerz99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2008
    McCordsville
    The scope is an older bushnell. Pic for ref.
    The serial number puts is at 1968.

I actually work for a dealer (service not sales) and did run it in a car with the ozone machine. It helped a lot.

As far as price it’s hard to say I got it via trade for some work I did (as a bundle). In real money this may be $350-400 invested; it was a good friend of a friend so…

My worry from some searches are they are sought after and few and far between. I treat my guns like cars. If I can’t and won’t drive them (shoot them), they belong someplace else.

Attachments

• 3493F87A-8A87-46D7-B7F0-6C3014537475.jpeg
      3493F87A-8A87-46D7-B7F0-6C3014537475.jpeg
      398.3 KB · Views: 7

99zhuggerz99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2008
    McCordsville
    The finger groove is one of the hardest variations of the 10/22 to still find intact. The one you found from the pic appears to be completely original. The one thing that is usually missing is the original mag. (Yes there are variation) That firearm should have a slot head screw in the side instead of an Allen head and a black follower. You can go to Rugers website to see what year it was manufactured. Should be 66-67 to around 71

I have 1 but they are hard to come by
    How would one know the mag is original/vintage?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The scope is an older bushnell. Pic for ref.
    The serial number puts is at 1968.

I actually work for a dealer (service not sales) and did run it in a car with the ozone machine. It helped a lot.

As far as price it’s hard to say I got it via trade for some work I did (as a bundle). In real money this may be $350-400 invested; it was a good friend of a friend so…

My worry from some searches are they are sought after and few and far between. I treat my guns like cars. If I can’t and won’t drive them (shoot them), they belong someplace else.
    Do it again.

Also try leaving the stock only out in the sun on a nice day like today. I know that helps de-stink plastic bowls from smells like onion.

Last edited:

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    155   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    How would one know the mag is original/vintage?
    As I stated earlier. If it is the original mag the screw in the side will be a slot head. The newer mags are Allen head. Should also have a black follower. The older mags were also made out of a different material and will sometimes appear gray to a whitesh color. If your not sure send me a pic and I'll verify for you. The older mags are bringing about $60 for the guys that are trying to keep them original

99zhuggerz99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2008
    McCordsville
    Hate to say I will most likely not keep it. While it’s interesting I prefer either all out shooters or old war horses with reverence.

Have not decided…yet…but eye the classifieds if interested. Already have my eye on another project.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Years ago I was talking to farm manager, where we lived, and of course the discussion got around to gun, and I told him I had, and loved the 10/22.. He said oh yeah I got one I use to kill varmints, he pulled out of his truck tool box a finger groove 10/22, not bad shape, but well used.....I drooled as I held it, and offered to trade him that "old 10/22" for my newer gun......he passed......

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    FWIW Urban Rifle Supply made fingergroove repro stocks for a while. Could get w the odd orig style front swivel inlet or not.

I wanted a non factory swivel stock to build a hunter but they ran out.

Over on RFC a poster has made repro stocks. One in mesquite was stunning

IMHO a fingergroove stock in plastic, w molded in checkering w a rubber pad would be wonderful. And should have been the 50th anniv model ( in stainless ).

For a synthetic maybe the McMillan is close. 500 bucks last i looked.

Unfortunatley Ruger is all about cheap and throwing a diff dip or paint on a 1022 seems to keep the masses happy.

Top Bottom