• Status
    Please reply by conversation.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Four weeks ago, member “paulgl26” posted this ad in the classifieds section:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo..._500_for_a_ar-15_ar-15_upper_ar-15_parts.html

As I was looking for a home defense shotgun myself, I sent Paul a PM. We agreed to a gun-for-gun trade, and set up a time/place to meet. Paul backed out and said he had to go out of town. Then after saying it would be an additional 2 weeks, and after I had been waiting 4 weeks already, he backed out all together and decided he was not going to go through with the agreed-upon trade. As you will see in the PMs we exchanged, everything was cut-and-dry. Three other INGOers vouched for this member and said he was good to do business with. I disagree and would warn others to avoid making my same mistake.

6/10/08:
    esrice said:
    Paul-
    Do you have a cash price for the Mossberg?
    Any interest in a trade for Kel-Tec P3AT with stainless slide? (newer extractor) 150rd ct.
    Thanks,
    Evan
    He sent this reply on 6/10/08:
    paulgl26 said:
    i do have a p-3at
    thanks
    And I sent back on 6/10/08:
    esrice said:
    So you do not have a cash price?
    Evan
    6/10/08:
    paulgl26 said:
    sorry i was looking only at the trade offer
    285$ without ammo
    ill give you the ammo for a good price or different ammo
    can you send a pic of the kel-tec
    paulgl26@yahoo.com
    my wife said she wold like it
    6/10/08:
    esrice said:
    Paul-
    I'll send this in an email as well.
    Kel-Tec comes with flush magazine (shown) and one with pinky extension. Have original box/papers/nylon case with it. Approximately 150 rounds through it. This is the latest generation with the squared-off slide and external extractor. I would toss in a cheapie UM Sidekick IWB holster.
    http://i31.tinypic.com/5c0d1h.jpg
    Any more details on the Mossy? Round count? What brand stock is that? 18" barrel?
    Thanks,
    Evan
    6/10/08:
    paulgl26 said:
    i have around 200 rounds through
    i got a regular one sold the barrel and stock and got the mossberg 18.5 barrel and the adjustable 6 pos stock
    it was my home defense gun until i got my AR
    i got a lot of ammo
    buck shoot and bird shoot
    are you interested in the ammo too?
    6/10/08:
    esrice said:
    Would you be interested in a straight up trade? My Kel-Tec + accessories for Mossy + all buck shot? I'm not really interested in bird shot.
    Let me know,
    Evan
    6/10/08:
    paulgl26 said:
    gun for gun trade no buck shoot i can do
    we would have to meet half way
    6/10/08:
    esrice said:
    Almost forgot, 20 or 12ga?
    6/10/08:
    paulgl26 said:
    12 Gae
    i usually do trades with guys from Indy and we meet at the Wall mart in Lafayette
    Monday is better like 4-5 pm
    i work early i leave 5 am every day
    6/10/08:
    esrice said:
    Sounds good. How does this work as a possible scenario?
    Meet Monday, June 16 at 5pm at the Lafayette WalMart parking lot.
    My cell# is xxx-xxx-xxxx. If you give me your # I will call you when I arrive.
    Is the Walmart near an exit on I65? Do you know an exit # or is there only 1 Lafayette exit?
    Thanks Paul,
    Evan
    6/10/08:
    paulgl26 said:
    walmart address
    4205 Commerce Dr
    Lafayette, IN
    Monday at 5pm is OK
    my cell is xxx-xxx-xxxx
    i have a 2500 gmc truck
    bright yellow
    ill be on north side of parking lot
    6/10/08:
    esrice said:
    Sounds good to me Paul. I'll be sure to post feedback after the sale.
    I will bring a bill of sale if you don't mind. 2 copies. All I ask is to see an ID to verify your Indiana residency. I will do the same.
    See you on Monday!
    Evan
    6/10/08:
    paulgl26 said:
    ill see you on Monday
    6/13/08:
    paulgl26 said:
    i have a problem meeting Monday.
    work just called that they are delivering my log homes in Wisconsin
    i have to put up 3 log cabins before 4 of July so ill probably be there for the next 3 weeks.
    can you wait that long?
    sorry about this but money are the first on my list (construction is slow)
    thanks
    6/13/08:
    esrice said:
    Paul-
    Would Sunday be a possibility? Or perhaps Saturday in the AM? Three more weeks is a bit much, but if there are no other options I understand.
    Let me know,
    Evan
    6/13/08:
    paulgl26 said:
    i am going camping i have to spend some time with the kids before i leave and when i am back on Sunday i have to pack and leave
    6/13/08:
    esrice said:
    That's understandable. I'm a patient guy.
    I want to reiterate, however, that my intent is to still go forward with this trade once you arrive back home. I've given you my word and I'll stand by it.
    Good luck in Wisconsin!
    Evan
    6/13/08:
    paulgl26 said:
    6/26/08:
    esrice said:
    Paul-
    How is the construction going in Wisconsin? Are you on schedule for your 7/4 deadline?
    If you are, do you have any thoughts on when you'll be back in Indiana? I'm not trying to be a pest, but I have a training opportunity coming up in July that I'd love to be a part of if I had the required shotgun.
    Thanks again and stay safe,
    Evan
    7/01/08:
    paulgl26 said:
    no Internet here i am in a forest i am actually sleeping with the shoot gun by the bed
    i get email on my cell
    it will be around 2 more weeks
    paulgl26@yahoo.com
    7/09/08:
    esrice said:
    Hey Paul,
    I saw that you were logged on and was curious how work is progressing. Are you back in town?
    Evan
    7/10/08:
    paulgl26 said:
    i am at a hotel for 3 days waiting for materials
    ill be back in a week
    but being in the woods here for 2 weeks made me change my mind
    i think anybody should have a shotgun and i hope you are not going to get mad at me but i would like to keep it
    sorry about all this
    7/10/08:
    esrice said:
    Paul,
    To be honest, it is a bit frustrating, as I turned down another opportunity last week, due to the fact that I had already given my word to you that I would trade you the P3AT. I've held it for the last 4 weeks for you, and now its cost me TWO shotguns. When you said you accepted the terms of the trade, I took that to mean you would stand behind that, as I stood behind my end of the deal. I even waited an extra 3 weeks past when we first agreed to meet, which you also backed out on.
    You didn't have much of a post-count here on INGO, but a few other members vouched for you and said you were a stand-up guy and good to do business with. That's why I approached you in the first place.
    Unfortunately there will be negative feedback given in the "Good, Bad, Ugly" forum for this failed transaction. I hope that others don't make the same mistake. If, by some chance, you would indeed like to follow through, I will remove the feedback entirely.
    In the future, please do not commit to something unless you are sure that is what you want to do. Integrity is more important than that.
    Evan

Last edited:
    Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom