• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I've learned something new: when your furnace stops working in sub zero temps, the best way to fix it is to call the repair guy on a Sunday. After you call, it will be functioning perfectly by the time he arrives so that he can't really diagnose a problem.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I've learned something new: when your furnace stops working in sub zero temps, the best way to fix it is to call the repair guy on a Sunday. After you call, it will be functioning perfectly by the time he arrives so that he can't really diagnose a problem.

Yikes, that's gonna cost.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I only complaint I have with this cold weather is my windshield washer fluid has been frozen since Christmas. I really don't want to fire up the torpedo heater just to thaw them out, so I have a 1000 watt halogen shop light under the hood in hopes that it will do the job. If that doesn't work I'll use a hair dryer. They put down so much salt that the roads are wet and I have to keep stopping to clean the windshield.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    They would need an app to find the yard and then an app to tell them what to do once they get there.
    My kiddo spent the afternoon identifying tracks in the snow (rabbit and cat), and then following them as far as she could. No app needed. I ran the snow blower (not really needed, but whatever) and refilled my wood cart.

Of course, she is now back in front of the fire working on her Legos, and I'm back on INGO.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I would think if it went out, it went out. Even if it fixed itself, there is still an issue? :dunno:

Third time in a month with the same issue, with no apparent cause for it. It's like when your car makes a weird noise, but never when the mechanic drives it. I'm getting a quote on a new unit for this week. UGH.

Also going to finally get a couple of heater buddies and propane. If the electricity goes out in this weather, it will be uncomfortable at night.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Third time in a month with the same issue, with no apparent cause for it. It's like when your car makes a weird noise, but never when the mechanic drives it.
    My baseboard heaters cant keep up in my shop. The last few days I've had to supplement with the Mr. Heater Big Buddy.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    While it's cold here (10 or so) the sun's been out so it doesn't feel that bad. Heck next weekend it's suspose to hit 20 plus. Springs just around the corner!

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    My kiddo spent the afternoon identifying tracks in the snow (rabbit and cat), and then following them as far as she could. No app needed. I ran the snow blower (not really needed, but whatever) and refilled my wood cart.

Of course, she is now back in front of the fire working on her Legos, and I'm back on INGO.

That is awesome how old is the kiido?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I only complaint I have with this cold weather is my windshield washer fluid has been frozen since Christmas. I really don't want to fire up the torpedo heater just to thaw them out, so I have a 1000 watt halogen shop light under the hood in hopes that it will do the job. If that doesn't work I'll use a hair dryer. They put down so much salt that the roads are wet and I have to keep stopping to clean the windshield.

51gwIOAn-eL._SY300_.jpg.cf.jpg

Top Bottom