1/9/2010 Range Report: DDM4, AK74, Rem 870, P22, GSG-5, Glock19, Ruger 22/45, Mosin

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Scutter, Lars and myself braved the elements and headed to Hamilton County Fish and Game this morning. We had a great time shooting and had the range all to ourselves. In fact, it looked like we were the first ones out there in days. We brought several weapons :ingo:

DDM4 - Lar's took his out for the first time and mine shot like a champ again. I have yet to have a failure with this gun. I'll have Lars chine in on the performance of his DDM4. It seemed to run great on quality ammo. We both bought these guns at 21st Century Firearms in Blufton

img0085a.jpg

img0089wu.jpg

I brought two types of ammo to run through my DDM4 today. PMC Bronze and ammo from our Very own Mike_M at Acme Ammo. I also ran some of Lars' smelly Wolf ammo. The M4 ate it all.

The ACME Ammo ran great!

img0093bb.jpg

Scutter had his new 870 for the first time and I had the chance to shoot mine since I put some new goodies on it and had Cory from Nash GunWerx paint it. Both ran like champs. Both bought from our friends at Tactical Shotgunner

img0084ia.jpg

img0082s.jpg

I had the chance to shoot my GSG-5 for the first time and Scutter put some more rounds through his pimped out GSG. What a fun gun! I just need to buy some extra mags. They both ran flawlessly and both bought through 21st Century!

img0083u.jpg

Lars brought out his trusty AK74 acquired from Techres. This thing is reliable and ejects casings about a mile away!

img0086h.jpg

My Glock 19 and Ruger 22/45. I had several problems with my Glock today. I'm not sure if it was the cold weather but it just wouldn't run.

I'm joking. My Glock always runs. :): Ruger ran like a sewing machine as well!

img0087ys.jpg

My AAC M4-2000 is very fun. Scutter remarked that with out ear pro it sounded like an unsuppressed .22

img0091j.jpg

The AK74 develops an icicle

img0081d.jpg

Lars and the Mosin

img0079ak.jpg

img0080oz.jpg

:ingo:

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I miss that 74! Snifl....

And the best way to reduce icing is through heat. Shoot faster! Shoot more!

Looks like you guys had a ball and made some serious noise!

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Dedcated to your sport1

:ar15:Go for it man! Got too much arthritis to shoot in this cold unless my life depended on it! Gotta get me an AK one of these days. Bought my Bushy for accuracy. But want an AK so I'll have something that wiil take a lot of abuse and still work!

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    The barrel harmonics of the M44 require the bayo to be deployed, otherwise it shoots to the right.

Yeah, that's what I expected. I've got and M38, so no bayo, but have friend with the M44. His requires the bayo to be extended as well.

My somewhat sarcastic question was actually refering to the last pic where you had bayo-d the target stand...didn't know if you tried to jab for groups.... :D

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Salem
    What kinda ammo did you run through your M44 Lars? I bought some Czech surplus and for some reason it is VERY hard to open the bolt with this ammo, but my mosin LOVES brown bear??? cycles it and seems to be most accurate with it:dunno:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    What kinda ammo did you run through your M44 Lars? I bought some Czech surplus and for some reason it is VERY hard to open the bolt with this ammo, but my mosin LOVES brown bear??? cycles it and seems to be most accurate with it:dunno:

It was my M44, BTW. Shooting Brown Bear today. With this particular Mosin, I haven't found an ammo yet that won't feed.

DaveD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    Greencastle
    What fun!! Now that your "warmed" up. The forecast for the mini appleseed on the 16th is snow with a high of 31. Could use some big noise makers there. :ar15:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    What fun!! Now that your "warmed" up. The forecast for the mini appleseed on the 16th is snow with a high of 31. Could use some big noise makers there. :ar15:

Yeah... about that... An hour in the cold is a big difference from "all day". I'm going but not until it gets warm. :D

Top Bottom