• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    My son brought home a 1911 by Taurus. I was surprised at the quality, reliability and accuracy of the weapon. He got it for less than one-third of the OP's $1,000 minimum. I do not like the beaver tail, the grip safety or the touchy trigger pull that come with the 1911 (wait while I put on my helmet and flame suit . . . I prefer a Glock 26— :ar15:—INCOMING!!), but I am impressed with how well the gun shoots and the quality Taurus put into it. If you want a 1911, check out the Taurus.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Found out nothing was wrong with it. Just needed to knock the bullet out and keep going. :n00b: Anyway, Springfield wants to "test" it just so I'm comfortable. They said they make a quality product and stand behind it. :yesway:

No way. It's a death trap and I can't just stand by and watch you injure yourself...

Seriously, to the op, yes, a good 1911 is more expensive, but there's nothing like it. I like glocks, they're great tools, but a 1911 is... Well, a 1911. And if you ever shoot a brown or Wilson or fusion or Baer or that kind of gun, you'll have the disease forever. Just don't do it.

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    Ive never went over 1000.00 for any of my 1911's but they are all reliable & would stake my life with any of them .Watch the classifieds here & one will come up eventually for a fair price like the Kimber mentioned

desmodue

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    Peru, IN
    Without downgrading any other handgun...ask yourself, how many other guns do you know of that are 100 years old...that can be legitimately argued as being one of, if not the best ever designed?

'nuff said

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Picked up a Remmy R1 for $450 in January. It's like new. A buddy got just went to Bullseye in Kokomo with a co-worker of his about 2 months ago and helped him buy a Kimber for $650 OTD. The deals are out there if you're patient.

shoot2thrill

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I picked up my first 1911 a couple of weeks ago...a Rock Island Armory. I was a little hesitant about looking for one until I picked it up! Was really impressed with the quality. Now, I know its no Kimber, but as for "bang-for-the-buck" goes.....no regrets!!!!:yesway:

target64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    West Side

deanr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Kendallville, Indiana
    I have a Springfield GI. Great gun. Even better after have a trigger job and having the feed ramp polished.

I don't know if this is 100% true or not, but I heard some where that the Rock Islands are made on old Colt Series 70 tooling.

OD*

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Indiana
    Originally Posted by deanr
    I don't know if this is 100% true or not, but I heard some where that the Rock Islands are made on old Colt Series 70 tooling.
    It's not true, people that make that claim don't even know what constitutes a Series 70. ;)

Top Bottom